Most efficient way to add Music Videos?
First off i'm using Eden 11.0...

The more I search the more confused i become.. There's people doing so many different things to get music videos...

I'd like to have it as it's own tab in the main menu but i'm fine with it in the sub-menu under music or tv-shows as well.. what would be the most efficient way for someone who's not extremely knowledgeable about messing with code and all that? or if there's a solid guide somewhere someone can point out i dont mind it taking awhile as long as i know what i'm doing haha

sorry, if this is explained clearly somewhere but after doing some searches i'm starting to get frustrated.. so if someone can make it more clear what the current best option for adding music videos is, i'd be EXTREMELY appreciated.. thanks!
i was also confused on how to add music videos, but it is actually very simple.

Just go to your addons and download a addon for music video scraping, i am using the last.fm one, coz the others seem to be giving me hassles, As soon as the addon is installed, you will get a third option in the add sources, which will be Music Videos. On aeon nox main screen, it will automagically create a music video section for you.

One thing that i have done though is, to create manual NFO's for each one, so that it does not contact the internet for data, that way I have more control over it, but it seems you still need the scraper installed, in order to get the music video section to be added on the add source.

Hope the above makes sense
Is there a solid way, how the music vids need to be named, in order to have a 100% clean DB after scraping?
E.g. for Movies, i name the files after IMDB - which then usually gives me a 100% find.
thanks a lot
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
They should be named "artist - song", for example "Beastie Boys - Sabotage.mkv"
(2012-12-03, 14:03)evilcult Wrote: i was also confused on how to add music videos, but it is actually very simple.

Just go to your addons and download a addon for music video scraping, i am using the last.fm one, coz the others seem to be giving me hassles, As soon as the addon is installed, you will get a third option in the add sources, which will be Music Videos. On aeon nox main screen, it will automagically create a music video section for you.

One thing that i have done though is, to create manual NFO's for each one, so that it does not contact the internet for data, that way I have more control over it, but it seems you still need the scraper installed, in order to get the music video section to be added on the add source.

Hope the above makes sense

awesome, thanks man! that def. makes sense, i figured it was something somewhat simple and i was just not seeing it.. i'll mess with it tomorrow for a bit and hopefully get it now.. also if you dont mind you think i can get a sample of one of your nfo files so i can just avoid any extra problems?

one last question.. this is how a lot of my music videos are labeled so i know the quality and source "Zion I & The Grouch ft. Mistah Fab - Hit Em -proper-dvdrip-xvid-2006-indica" or "Ground Up - Whenever (Prod. By Mike Jerz)(720p_H.264-AAC)" .. is that going to throw everything out of whack if i leave the extra info besides just "artist - song title" and if a song features other people should i just put the main artist?

thanks again for the help, it's very appreciated!
Will do, just not at home atm, will post as soon as i am back
here is an example of one of my .nfo's

Code:
<musicvideo>
  <title>Bestsongintheworld</title>
  <artist>Bestartistintheworld</artist>
  <album>OnSomeAlbum</album>
  <genre>Rock</genre>
  <runtime>3:20</runtime>
  <plot>HereWillBeAPlot</plot>
  <year>2000</year>
  <director>and I</director>
  <studio>Ego prod.</studio>
</musicvideo>

What i normally do is, <album> i normally just call Music Video, and in the <plot> i normally say if it is a music video or a live show.

Hope this helps
(2012-12-04, 10:23)evilcult Wrote: What i normally do is, <album> i normally just call Music Video, and in the <plot> i normally say if it is a music video or a live show.

Then you won't get the correct album covers to show up in certain views.

(2012-12-04, 10:23)evilcult Wrote: Will do, just not at home atm, will post as soon as i am back
here is an example of one of my .nfo's

Code:
<musicvideo>
  <title>Bestsongintheworld</title>
  <artist>Bestartistintheworld</artist>
  <album>OnSomeAlbum</album>
  <genre>Rock</genre>
  <runtime>3:20</runtime>
  <plot>HereWillBeAPlot</plot>
  <year>2000</year>
  <director>and I</director>
  <studio>Ego prod.</studio>
</musicvideo>

What i normally do is, <album> i normally just call Music Video, and in the <plot> i normally say if it is a music video or a live show.

Hope this helps

yeah, that's exactly what i wanted.. thanks for making it so clear...

you def. saved me a lot of time trying to figure it all out...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most efficient way to add Music Videos?0