Solved Strange Problem w/Shared Database and Content Settings
Hi all.

I'm a long-time XBMC user and quite familiar with Linux (but not so much with MySQL) and I'm stymied.

This happened when I upgraded to Frodo Beta 1 and is persisting with Beta 2.

Under Eden, I was using a shared MySQL database hosted on the same machine (XBMCbuntu). Everything was working fine across Eden machines.

I recently migrated to Frodo and wanted to keep my machines (which include a Windows machine and an iPad) in sync. The Windows and iPad converted over easily and are sharing the new database fine.

On the XBMCbuntu box, my library was empty/not working and if I went to "Set Content" on my source, it looked like it worked but it would not stick. The minute I pressed OK and told it to refresh, I could then go back to "Set Content" and it'd be on "None" again.

When I remove my advancedsettings.xml, the library populates and works fine. And every time I put advancedsettings.xml back, the problem re-occurs. And FWIW, it's the same advancedsettings.xml file I use for all my machines, as follows:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
  </videolibrary>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.118</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.118</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I feel like this must be something simple. Any ideas? FYI, I've tried uninstalling XBMC, deleting my .xbmc folder completely, and re-installing, to no avail.

Thanks!

UPDATE: SOLVED: I changed the IP address to 'localhost' and it works now. No idea why but it does.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
And, with Beta 3, I had to change this back to the IP address.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
I'm having this EXACT problem right now and I can't figure out whats wrong. My mysql database is on a different host so I tried the IP address and the host name and nothing. This happened after I updated last night.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Problem w/Shared Database and Content Settings0