Group 7 HTPC Shopping List
After have been reading this forum for almost 3 months and thanks to all priceless technical advices I have received, I finally come out with my group 7 HTPC shopping list:

Case: nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum Panel & Steel
(1.0mm SECC) HTPC 7000B Micro ATX
MOBO: ASUS F2A85X-M-Pro or AsRock FM2 Extreme4-M
CPU: AMD A8-5600K
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
SSD: Kingston 2.5" 120GB SATA III
PSU: 450W Silverstone ST45SF 80 Plus
BD-Rom: LG Electronics WH12LS30
CPU Cooling unit: Scythe SCBSK-2100 BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B

This should be fine to play some gaming as well and give me some spare capacity if I want to add an AMD graphic card 7000 series. Since I want to control my unit with a remote I think I am going with the Asrock instead of Asus, which doesn't have IR header. Any suggestions and/or improvements?
This looks great. I like the type of power supply you have chosen. SFX power supplies with the ATX adapter plate are great for HTPC.

Check out this one as well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817104132 . It is $10 cheaper, a great brand and is 80+ Bronze. There is also a 400W version for $10 less than that. Any of the FSP power supplies that end with "-R' come with the SFX-to-ATX adapter plate you need.

You'll have a powerful HTPC afterward, and you should be able to playback a lot of modern games with A8-5600K iGPU. If you go with AsRock, you can opt for this "4 in 1 Backlit Remote and CIR Receiver w/Cable and Mounting Bracket for ASRock Motherboards".....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
When done I will post pics of this project.
Doug and bluray thank you so much!!
Gianni

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group 7 HTPC Shopping List0