Proposed A10 build any suggestions?? UPDATED PAGE 2
ASRock FM2A75M-ITX FM2 A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s.................Motherboard? Is this best option?
AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8Ghz ..............................................................CPU
Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. (SCBSK-2100)........................................CPU Cooler
Silverstone Tek SG06B-USB3.0 Aluminum...............................................Case
Kingston Hyper X 4 GB (2x2GB Modules) 1866MHz DDR3............................Memory
SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA III MLC.................................SSD Hard Drive
Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive..........Bluray Drive

I know tere was some concerns on another thread about heat that is why i chose this case but i am open to suggestions on everything just looking to build this for a Christmas Present.

I want to be able to run
1080p
3D
HD audio
Emulators
Bluray

Thanks in advance
Looking into building an A10 based htpc too. Based on all i've read you really should be getting the 5700 - you get practically the same performance (there really is nothing to it) but much lower tdp.

Have a look here: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/47257-...00/?page=7
@tazz0710- I like your build, and SG06B is one of my favorite case. You'll have the most powerful AMD Trinity HTPC at the end. With two extra 120mm case/cpu fans, I think that it should be able to keep A10-5800K running very cool in SG06B case. Silverstone 300w 80plus PSU should be able to handle A10 and everything else with ease.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Is that the best motherboard for me to use Bluray? Also what do you think the sound level will be with this case?

I assume it will do bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD no problem and also the Dolphin emulator.

Sniper i think i like the 5800 for that little bit of extra video umphhh

Also does anyone know if there is a better priced SSD 128gb drive?
(2012-12-09, 00:09)tazz0710 Wrote: Is that the best motherboard for me to use Bluray?
Since it is a brand new socket, the motherboard selection is very limitted. If you can find it, there is MSI (FM2-A75IA-E53) mini ITX. Users are happier with it than AsRock FM2 Mini-ITX mobo.
(2012-12-09, 00:09)tazz0710 Wrote: Also what do you think the sound level will be with this case?
120mm Silverstone case fan and 120mm Scythe CPU cooler fan should be silent.....

(2012-12-09, 00:09)tazz0710 Wrote: I assume it will do bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD no problem and also the Dolphin emulator.
AMD Radeon HD 7660D should handles all the above with ease, and you should be able to enjoy 3D content with it too...

(2012-12-09, 00:09)tazz0710 Wrote: Also does anyone know if there is a better priced SSD 128gb drive?
This SSD "Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 128GB SATA III" should do the trick....

WOW that MSI is either really new or really popular lol.

I noticed it doesn't have CIR header is it better to have that or just get the USB internal connecting IR that will also turn on from cold? Is there any timeline on new boards coming out?
(2012-12-09, 05:49)tazz0710 Wrote: WOW that MSI is either really new or really popular lol.

I noticed it doesn't have CIR header is it better to have that or just get the USB internal connecting IR that will also turn on from cold? Is there any timeline on new boards coming out?
The entire FM2 lines are new. If you want to turn on from cold start, you better off with the internal IR. If you cannot wait, you can give AsRock a try.....

Pretty sure you could go for a way cheaper build and still be able to do all the things you want.
Its not like your HD videos look better with a 4x3.8 cpu than a 2x2.0 especially in that case I would go for a low TDP.

Everything else looks good ~60gb ssd would probably be big enough. I have the 64gb Samsung and with Win8 and all the HTPC tools needed I have about 30gig free.
Anything much smaller cpu wise and dolphin doesn't play as smooth.

You think i will haveheat issues with the A10-5800k in that case?
Bluray what about something like this if i wanted to go with the MSI. Or i guess even with the AsRock (as i dont know which IR to get for the AsRock)

INTERNAL IR RECEIVER WITH MCE REMOTE CONTROL(RC6) Internal IR with Power switch option

Also is there another case a little bigger where i can jump up to a different form motherboard with more options. Or do you feel that i am ok with the AsRock
(2012-12-09, 09:42)tazz0710 Wrote: INTERNAL IR RECEIVER WITH MCE REMOTE CONTROL(RC6) Internal IR with Power switch option
It seems to have all the right connections. I would say give it a try.....

(2012-12-09, 09:42)tazz0710 Wrote: Also is there another case a little bigger where i can jump up to a different form motherboard with more options. Or do you feel that i am ok with the AsRock
This case "SILVERSTONE Grandia Series GD05B-USB3.0 Aluminum" should be an excellent choice for Micro-ATX motherboard, and it will be better for a powerful A10-5800K too.....this motherboard "MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2" is a lot cheaper than Mini-ITX motherboard too....

Excellent suggestions.

I like the motherboard and the case.

I see the case doesn't have a power supply do you have one you would recommend for the A10-5800k also i would imagine since you're name is bluray you could tell me the best full size bluray to get for that case as well.

Thanks again for all your help is there a way for me to donate?
Hey Tazz,

I'm sure the A10 is a great card, I wanted one too but this weekend I decided to go the Intel route for my first HTPC, after all the reviews I read.

I'm just saying because I see you also want to use the HTPC for emulation. When reading the reviews the A10 is ok, but regarding processor power it is 2 years behind. I decided to go for the intel I7 3770 (I know, overkill) because MAME uses raw processing power and I perhaps like to add a discrete 3D card in the future to be able to also play newer games ...

Just check the benchmarks, the A10 is even slower than an I3 ivy bridge when it comes to processing power.
It has a better GPU on board, but the intel GPU will do just find for some console emulation ...

Cheers,
Maarten
(2012-12-10, 11:36)tazz0710 Wrote: Excellent suggestions.

I like the motherboard and the case.

I see the case doesn't have a power supply do you have one you would recommend for the A10-5800k also i would imagine since you're name is bluray you could tell me the best full size bluray to get for that case as well.

Thanks again for all your help is there a way for me to donate?
This PSU "SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W" should be good for that case....and you'll have extra juices for future upgrades too....

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on running a second graphics card for dual graphics? [/b]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposed A10 build any suggestions?? UPDATED PAGE 20