Keymaps stopped working between beta 1 and 2
Hi all,

Have anyone else noticed problems with keymaps somewhere between frodo beta 1 and 2?

Some of my keymaps work fine, but the keymaps i have under <FullScreenVideo> don't work.

//TjaLfE

Examples?
Sorry for the slow response Smile

Here is my keyboard.xml keymap file:
Code:
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<v>PlayerContol(Record)</v>
<up>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</up>
<down>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</down>
<next_track>BigStepForward</next_track>
<prev_track>BigStepBack</prev_track>
</keyboard>
<FullScreenVideo>

My up and down keymappings are not working, but has been working before beta 1
Maybe it's just a typo when you posted your keyboard.xml snippet above, but the last line should be </FullScreenVideo> rather than <FullScreenVideo>. If this error is actually in your keyboard.xml, that would explain it not working.
That must have been a typo mistake when writing the post. I have not changed a single character in the xml file since it worked, just updated xmbc. Wasn't able to C/P the text over my RDP connection at the time of writing. So.. here is a C/P from keyboard.xml

<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<v>PlayerControl(Record)</v>
<up>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</up>
<down>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</down>
<next_track>BigStepForward</next_track>
<prev_track>BigStepBack</prev_track>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
You should enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, play a video and press the Up and Down keys a few times. Exit XBMC and locate and review your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see how XBMC interpreted those keypresses. I don't use PVR, so I don't know what PVROSDChannels does. You do realize you have both the Up and Down keys doing the same thing? Are you able to open the PVROSDChannels window by way of the GUI?
eventually i found the problem. I have another thread where i ask if it's possible to mange keymaps depending on the source playing (LiveTV vs. Movies/TVshows)

I found out, that they have made a <FullscreenLiveTV> So when i changed to the correct tag, i got what i want while watching live tv, and what i want when watching a movie Smile
Ah, good to know. Glad you got it sorted!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymaps stopped working between beta 1 and 20