can't update plugins or ssh into apple tv 2
there was a point when i couldn't update update my plugins on xbmc. I still cant, however i noticed a new problem, I cannot ssh into my atv2. A few months ago my ip address used to start with 192.168. etc. Now it starts with 10.0.0.etc. Could that be the issue with why i cannot update or ssh into my apple tv2?

Yep if its not able to connect to the internet with this ip.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-12, 13:54)Memphiz Wrote: Yep if its not able to connect to the internet with this ip.

How can I rectify this situation to allow me to update and ssh again? Are you saying yes to both questions? Could I get my old ip address back or can I do somethin g that will enable me to update my plugins and also ssh again?
You need to figure out why the ip changed. I mean its your network - you might know whats going on? (new router? power outage?).

And yes you can't ssh in because your atv2 is now in a different subnet (10.0.0.x) then your pc (which is still in 192.168.x i guess).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-12, 22:21)Memphiz Wrote: You need to figure out why the ip changed. I mean its your network - you might know whats going on? (new router? power outage?).

And yes you can't ssh in because your atv2 is now in a different subnet (10.0.0.x) then your pc (which is still in 192.168.x i guess).

i had some network issues right around the time when i rejailbroke my atv2. I'm thinking thats around the time when the subnet changed.
I have a gateway and a router. I think thats why the subet was 192. However when i disabled the functionality of the router and started using the gateway (from Comcast), i think it changed to the the subnet of 10.0.0x. How can i fix this problem?
You can fix the problem by connecting the atv2 and the computer to the same thing. If your atv2 is connected to your gateway, the connect your computer to that one aswell. Problem solved
(2012-12-13, 10:14)Eliah Wrote: You can fix the problem by connecting the atv2 and the computer to the same thing. If your atv2 is connected to your gateway, the connect your computer to that one aswell. Problem solved

are you talking about wirelessly? they both are connected wirelessly to my gateway. they both share the 10.0.0.x subnet

Oh, I replied assuming your computer was still on the 192 sub-net as Memphiz guessed.
Have turned the atv2 completely off by unplugging it? I had an issue some time ago when it would not connect over ssh but unplugging it fixed it Wink
I have unplugged it several times since this issue existed. The problems still exist

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't update plugins or ssh into apple tv 20