Win MYSQL Issue - See database but cant play files
Hi,

Im runnng Frodo beta 3 on Win7 Pro and have setup MYSQL, and created the database through XBMC i have created advancedsettings.xml correctly and have a second PC running XBMC that can see the database. But when I try and play a video it says that the file is no longer available. And asks if I want to remove it.

Have I missed anything in the setup process for the second PC? Like adding the sources before copying the advancedsettings.xml into the userdata folder? or scraping the library before adding the advancedsettings.xml file.

I have found a heap of setup guides for the SQL database setup but nothing for the setup of the joining PCs. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
I occasionally experience this issue on my atv2. The only solution that I found that works, is to reboot the vista box that hosts the mysql database and the file shares. I would be curious if someone has a better idea of what is causing it.
Are you guys using the IP address or the NetBIOS name for the advancedsettings file and file shares?
Yes for the advancedsettings file but not for the sources. The sources were previously used through smb and are in the library from that. Should the sources xml be cleared out and rewritten?
I have re written the sources.xml file, adding in the IP address of my HTPC with the shared folders on it. Still nothing is there a guide or anything that can help me with setting up the extra HTPC's all I can find is how to setup the databases.
Can you browse via Explorer to the share from the second PC? Before looking at anything in XBMC, you'll need to check that the base operating system can access the files.

All I've had to do when adding new machines is copy the advancedsettings.xml file and sources.xml file to the userdata folder, and it's just worked.
Yes I can it was originally setup through the share before I decided to start using the sql database.
Found the issue. The sources on the main HTPC were the local directories I removed the sources and Cleared the library, added the sources from the Shares and scraped tested on the joining PC and they work. I didn't realise that the sources had to be exactly the same everywhere but glad I found out why.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYSQL Issue - See database but cant play files0