Win show information not working on videos
Hi,

I upgraded from Xbmc 11 to 12RC1 and may have observed a minor issue.
When I use the "show information" on a video file it starts playing the file instead of actually showing me a information window about it.

This works perfectly fine in "Movies" and "TV shows", but not via "videos" that is browsed/played manually so to speak.
I'm not sure if this is a skin problem or not, anyone else noticed this ? :-)

Win7 / Xbmc-12RC1 / Transparency.
Same
ive been looking around but couldnt find a solution yet its been annoying me bad
System/Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action. What is this set to: "Play" or "Show information"?
Same problem here and was set shown information.

I tried with choose and he shows me the "choose" possibility, but when i click show info it start playing.

Seems that there are not info, but even if i click update library.. nothing happens

Solved Big Grin

I tried to look around and seems that in the upgrade process, xbmc lost the content type inside "file".

I went VIDEO-FILE-myharddisk-SET CONTENT and set content and scraper.. and everything work now!

ps when xbmc prompt for updating every file SAY NO

I am having a similar issue. I have 2 directories on my server and they are added as sources to the library. One directory that has movies (video_ts) works fine with the show information option when the movie is chosen. The other directory's movies will play the movie when I click on show information. Even if I go into the settings and have show information as the default action, it still plays the movie in this directory. I have tried set content, etc. Removed the source, cleaned library, added it back. At a loss here.
Any ideas?
Messed around some more with this. By the way I'm using Frodo 12.2 So I have one directory named Movies and another named Children Movies on my server. The movies in the Movies directory behave like they should. Like I said above the movies in Children Movies do not. I cant get a single one to show information when prompted, it just plays. Now I copied a movie from this directory into the Movies directory and it works. So I know its not the movie structure itself.
Does this make sense to anyone?
Ok, another update here. I said screw it and just deleted everything. I installed 12.2 and now I cant get the information screen to show on any movie in any directory. What the hell am I doing here.
They are video_ts folders. I selected scan recursively and the option about each movie in their own folder. Set content to movies.
Just using confluence at the moment till I sort this.
When I hear people delete everything (a last resort, but understandable) usually they don't delete the files in the roaming directory in windows. The path for that in windows is C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC which contain your user files/prefs and can be the source of issues. The other is in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC, you may have some cross contamination of files which the system is stumbling on.

My suggestion would be to rename your existing XBMC folders to something like XBMC_NOTWORKING and re-install from scratch Frdodo 12.2, set your source and scrapers, and see if everything looks Jake.

Not really sure of how you want to split Children and Regular movies, but profiles is made for this.
Yeah I know about the roaming directory. I deleted everything. Not worried about splitting into children and adult right now. I can't get anything to work right now. Any other suggestions.
From your first message, you once did have Frodo 12.2 running (abet with issues) and by extension, I'm trying to get back to that... If you have 'Zero' ' ZIp nothing' then I'm trying to take you back to a virgin install. The only thing I could think could be wrong is that something in the O/S has changed. As you've posted in the windows area... my assumption is that you are running windows.

I take it XBMC for windows Frodo stable installs without a hitch?
When you run it nothing comes alive? or do you see a screen change to something else?
Yeah, sorry I'm on win7. The install went fine and as far as I can tell it was running the way it should, at least compared to eden. I have another win7 machine and I will start from scratch on that one and report back.
Thanks for helping, will report back soon.
Wow, I must be getting to old for this shit or something. I figured out what I was doing. When adding the sources I was manually typing them and not browsing to them.
So what did I do? I was forgetting to add smb: in front of the unc path. All is good now. Man that was driving me crazy.
PatK thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show information not working on videos 0