Problem: compilation artists on the list
(2013-01-02, 04:54)jmarshall Wrote: That is a different fault. The compilations agree detected correctly, they just don't show up in the compilations node, right?

Yep, that's the case for me.
It's fixed in master.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your all your continued hard work and swift response. I don't know how you keep up but it's hugely appreciated.
Just to confirm, the fix works correctly for me in both OSX and ATV2. Note that I did have edit the song tags to ensure 'Album Artist' is blank - this is different to Eden but I can understand the logic. Compilations authored by a single 'Album Artist' are not brought in to this list any more.
To add on this: For testing purposes i cleared the tag value "Various Artists" from the album-artist tag of a compilation album and let Frodo RC3 (Win 7 x64) scan that album.
  • Result without "Various Artists" in the album-artist tag ":
    • Album is correctly detected as compilation by Frodo
    • all the artists are correctly hidden in the artists view
    • and also the "Compilations" node is there now in the Music menu.
    • The only problem now is that every other music player, which is not that smart as XBMC, shows a completely fragmented album. (e.g. foobar)
  • Result with the tag value "Various Artists" in the album-artist tag:
    • detection of an album with artist="Various Artists"
    • so all the track artists are still hidden
    • i.e. related to the previously fixed bug, fine so far!
    • but it is not detected as compilation anymore -> no "Compilations" node in Music menu
This behaviour matches with #3 from the Wiki:
Quote:3. If any of the songs assigned to the Album name have an Album Artist tag, then XBMC assumes the user knows what they're doing, and this album is also ruled out from being a compilation.
But, as i wondered myself in my first post, shouldn't there be the exception of that rule in case the Album Artist tag holds the value "Various Artists"? Otherwise it won't be possible ever to get album views right in both, XBMC and foobar (and any other media player).

Sorry if this is handled already, not fully sure about the meaning of Jonathans statement and whether we actually meant the same:
(2013-01-03, 07:05)jmarshall Wrote: It's fixed in master.
Will it be fixed or is it supposed to be fixed already? However it is not a big issue for me personally, i can still find my comp. under various artists, but the logic does not appear fully consistent or at least compatible with other players to me.

cheers,
Michael

Thx for your excellent work btw!
Thanks for the heads up - it used to work like this, but as we now have a compilations flag, this was unfortunately dropped. I've fixed it up in 2a1022c9fa0a277783562e535d8008b284af0d26

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great! Thanks a lot!
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem: compilation artists on the list0