ISO playback very very slow
I've just added my first Bluray ISO image into a watched folder for XBMC

d:\BluRay\Bourne Identity\Bourne Identity.ISO

I've added the folder d:\bluray into Videos, and its picked up as a new movie.

but the video playback is very slow, and there is no audio.

What's the preferred method of ripping a bluray to an ISO image?

What hardware are you running for your HTPC, AVR etc? What audio do you have specified in XBMC for API and decoder features?
(2012-12-19, 16:30)smithgt Wrote: but the video playback is very slow, and there is no audio.

What's the preferred method of ripping a bluray to an ISO image?
If you are using Frodo, here are some tips- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-12-19, 17:09)Malosar Wrote: What hardware are you running for your HTPC, AVR etc? What audio do you have specified in XBMC for API and decoder features?

It's a i3 540 CPU, 12gb Ram, 60gb SSD. ATI HD4300

Where would I check the API and Decoder?

It's just a fresh Frodo RC1 install under W7
In XBMC System -> Audio
(2012-12-20, 18:32)Malosar Wrote: In XBMC System -> Audio

Not sure what I'm looking for here. I cant see any reference to API or decoder
(2012-12-20, 18:09)smithgt Wrote: ATI HD4300
You need to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect. You can enable DXVA2 and select Auto as render method in XBMC, and you can un-tick DTS-HD and TrueHD options in XBMC too.....

The other tips are listed in- Test drive Frodo Beta 2....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi all, I have the same issue.

When I stream 720p rips from my NAS all is good, but when I stream DVD rips (non compressed) it's very slow, it takes 5 seconds to advance one second. I looked at my CPU and RAM utilization, and they are very low. Under 20% CPU and about 25% RAM (which is mostly consumed by Win7). I am running XBMC on MS Win7 with an i3, 4GB RAM and an SSD, with on-board HDMI. When I stream the DVD from windows using VLC, it runs perfectly.

I looked through the recommendations in this thread and the tips link reference, but no cigar.

Any thoughts?

As a side note, when I stream DVDs, I noticed thin black lines in the image via Windows and XBMC. Smells like the progressive scan is out of whack since my screen output for my on-board HDMI video is set to 720p. Is this maybe an up-conversion setting I overlooked?

Thank you all
I resolved both issues :-)

As for the slow video, I simply enabled "Sync playback to display" in the System>Settings>Video>Playback menu. I also left the "AV Sync Method" to the default of "Video Clock (resample audio".

As for the thin black lines in some DVDs, I realized that when looking at white parts of the image, I could see every second line black. This is interlace vs. progressive scan. As the video was playing, I clicked on the video settings icon (movie reel icon) and enabled "Deinterlacing". Problem solved.

Hope this helps anyone else that may run into the same issues as I did.

Cheers from a happy camper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO playback very very slow0