Linux Pulse8 Builds of OE?
I posted something similar over in the Pulse8 forums, but they've been a little quiet of late. I guess it's hard to keep the number of active eyeballs as this forum has, so I'll cross-post here just in case.

---

Does anyone know if Pulse8 will continue with binary builds of their customised OpenElec? I can imagine that it's maybe not necessary now that Frodo includes PVR and, I believe, has better support for the CEC adapter.

I just noticed that the last OE build is still on Eden and is several weeks old, as are the standalone application releases.I was thinking of trying some OE Frodo goodness, and have always used the Pulse8 builds, so I don't know if something will break if I switch to the official OE versions now (similarly for my non-OE XBMC systems - I don't know whether to switch to a different PPA or stay with Pulse8).

Thanks....
sorry missed your post over there.

For the moment the answer is yes, although I've released about everything that matters for users with a CEC adapter, which has been included in xbmc and openelec now. So at the time of release of frodo, Pulse-Eight's builds will be (nearly) the same as the official openelec.

Same goes for PVR support. One of the reasons for having custom builds over at Pulse-Eight is a historical reason. Since I'm "the PVR dev" for xbmc, I've also released binaries of xbmc-pvr almost directly after mainline tagged a stable release. I've been doing that since before I started working for Pulse-Eight, and I've moved the builds over to Pulse-Eight's website for various reasons, instead of maintaining a separate PPA for PVR builds.

Now that PVR support has been included in mainline, all builds of xbmc will have PVR support, and the remaining customisation patches will be sent over to openelec and xbmc as PR soon.

You can switch to openelec.tv builds whenever you like without any trouble. The reason why the builds on packages.pulse-eight.net haven't been upgraded for weeks is that I didn't backport anything to the Eden branch any more, now that Frodo will be out soon. As soon as Frodo is tagged, we'll have upgrades available. But we don't do beta testing at Pulse-Eight for Frodo.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks, dushmaniac - that gives me enough to be going on. I can decide now whether to break the TV again with beta code, or wait for a release :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulse8 Builds of OE?0