List Multiple Copies of Same Album as Separate Entries in the Library
I'd like to see XBMC be able to list multiple copies of the same record as separate entries in the library.I think this being a feature that would be desirable for the audiophile users out there.

For example, I have multiple copies of a single record (vinyl rip at 24 bits. CD FLAC, CD Remaster FLAC etc).

As it currently works, XBMC lists all of the songs in the single library entry. When clicking on the above album, I get 3 track 1's, 3 track 2's etc. It makes playing the record difficult.

I'm not sure as the best way to accomplish this, but MusicBrainz allows for tagging of the specific release (original, reissue, remaster etc). Could XBMC look for that?

Or perhaps XBMC could treat these as separate folders and list them as such.

Currently it looks like I will have to go in and re-tag my collection with "Remastered" "Vinyl Rip" etc. to prevent the duplicates showing in the library.

I'm having a similar problem. I have several movies and TV shows in both standard def and high def (for real reasons that I won't go into here). In the listings, each copy is shown.

I know this won't suit everyone, so maybe there could be an option to recognize multiple copies of the same title and combine them into the same listings? There could be separate "Play" buttons, or maybe a popup menu to select which one to view when the Play button is used. If it were really sophisticated, that pop-up menu could list what's different about each option (e.g. "Play SD" and "Play HD", or "Play DivX" and "Play H.264"), falling back on the file path if no other differences are detected.

This would be particularly useful for TV shows...each of my seasons currently look twice as long! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List Multiple Copies of Same Album as Separate Entries in the Library0