Win Sony RAW image (*.arw) support
Hi everybody. This is my first topic here thus I use forum rather long time. "Search" always helped me before but not at this time.

I've read in changes log that with XBMC 12 plenty raw image formats will be supported. Also I traced one feature request and it was said there that Sony RAW format is planed to be supported either.

Can anybody tell me exactly if Sony RAW image (*.arw) is supported.

I tried to add all my pictures taken by Sony Alfa 390 camera to my library and every time I'm trying to navigate through those folders with arw pictures XBMC crashes.

I placed a bug report here
But now I'm wondering if Sony RAW image format is really supported.

Thanks in advance

And great thanks to developers and everybody involved in this project.

As already stated on the forum we use a rather old version of cximage which uses libdcr 8.91. Judge by yourself what it supports Smile
I found some discussions here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72765

I currently working on an imagefactory to easily integrate other and newer image libraries for Frodo+1. Eventually we could use then the newer libraw which is actively maintained and supports a lot more formats.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Missed that thread. Anyhow thanks for your attention to this issue

To Moderators Could you please merge current topic with following?

(2012-12-25, 14:54)WiSo Wrote: I currently working on an imagefactory to easily integrate other and newer image libraries for Frodo+1. Eventually we could use then the newer libraw which is actively maintained and supports a lot more formats.

I just made a clean install of Frodo Stable release hoping that I'll be able to play Sany raw images. ...and still NO :-( Any news on this matter?
I don't know what happened and why but after complete reinstall of Windows followed by XBMC I have my raw images displayed well within library.

Thanks to everybody for huge amount of constructive advices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony RAW image (*.arw) support0