Switching users kills the XBMC Remote connection
We have 11.0 Stable running on Ubuntu 12.04 and it's serving us very well. I've just made a 'wireless' setup using XBMC Remote over Wifi. The problem is when I log out the kids account, I'm left at the login screen for the users and the remote doesn't work. My question;

Is there a better way for me to seperate the kids content from our own without using seperate user accounts?
Or can I do a Fast User Switch type operation that skips the login screen?

Many thanks,
Ten

<edit> I haven't attached logs because XBMC is behaving normally. I'm not reporting a problem with the software as much as a use-case that I need input from an experienced user for</edit>
You could try using profiles within xbmc, you should be able to add different media sources for the profiles and add a pin if required

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profiles
HTPC
XBMC v12 RC3 with myth TV backend || AMD Sempron 145 || 1gb DDR3 || ECS MCP61M-M3 Version 3 ( no core unlocker) || TBS6981 DVB-S2 tuner || ATI Radeon HD 5450 || 32gb Crucial SSD

NAS
IB-NAS4220-B HW revision 1.2 || 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1 || Open WRT firmware.
Sorry warrmr, when I say "account" I mean profiles. So I have a profile for the kids and one for the rest of us. But when I log out of one - the remote doesn't work anymore.
There was a recently around RC2 PR that fixed issues with profiles... Try a recent build and see if it fixes it.

uNI
(2012-12-31, 02:49)uNiversal Wrote: There was a recently around RC2 PR that fixed issues with profiles... Try a recent build and see if it fixes it.

uNI

has nothing to do with this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Okie Doki. ;D

* un1versal takes off flying to the dark side of the moon... Maybe even have a flyby the dawn of time...
I have updated this issue here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238880

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching users kills the XBMC Remote connection0