Android Set Up Your Satechi MediaRemote (ST-BTRM1) With XBMC 12+
Having fun with your $40 Satechi MediaRemote? Probably not if you are trying to get it to control XBMC on your Android. Wipe the sweat from your forehead and follow these directions. I've made it super easy to be able to control XBMC with your new remote.

Easy Set Up:
1) Download this Satechi MediaRemote specific keyboard.xml.
2) Place the keyboard.xml file into this directory:
\Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files\.xbmc\userdata\keymaps
You can copy the file by placing it onto a flash card and inserting that into your device or by connecting your device to a PC with a USB cable and browsing the mounted Internal Storage drive. You may need to turn on "show hidden files/folders".
3) Open XBMC and enjoy using your remote. Refer to the following maps:

Customize the keys yourself:
1) Download the default keyboard.xml.
2) Open the xml file in a text editor. Here are the line numbers and key presses that control the relevant actions.

Navigation:
52 <return>Back</return>
69 <minus>Down</minus>
70 <plus>Up</plus>
108 <next_track>SkipNext</next_track>
109 <prev_track>SkipPrevious</prev_track>
111 <play_pause>Pause</play_pause>

72 <zero>Number0</zero>
73 <one>Number1</one>
74 <two>Number2</two>
75 <three>Number3</three>
76 <four>Number4</four>
77 <five>Number5</five>
78 <six>Number6</six>
79 <seven>Number7</seven>
80 <eight>Number8</eight>
81 <nine>Number9</nine>

Full Screen Video:
Copy the tags listed in navigation to:
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
because they are not listed by default.

3) Refer to this list of actions. Choose an action you'd like your remote to accomplish and place it between the appropriate tags.
4) Upload your custom keyboard.xml here as a reply to this thread along with a picture of your mappings. You can use this paint.net layered file as a starter.
I came here by accident ... But I think this is really usefull information. I will try that when I got Time.

Thank you !
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
(2012-12-31, 00:02)lahonda_99 Wrote: Having fun with your $40 Satechi MediaRemote? Probably not if you are trying to get it to control XBMC on your Android. Wipe the sweat from your forehead and follow these directions. I've made it super easy to be able to control XBMC with your new remote.

Easy Set Up:
1) Download this Satechi MediaRemote specific keyboard.xml.
2) Place the keyboard.xml file into this directory:
\Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files\.xbmc\userdata\keymaps
You can copy the file by placing it onto a flash card and inserting that into your device or by connecting your device to a PC with a USB cable and browsing the mounted Internal Storage drive. You may need to turn on "show hidden files/folders".
3) Open XBMC and enjoy using your remote. Refer to the following maps:

Customize the keys yourself:
1) Download the default keyboard.xml.
2) Open the xml file in a text editor. Here are the line numbers and key presses that control the relevant actions.

Navigation:
52 <return>Back</return>
69 <minus>Down</minus>
70 <plus>Up</plus>
108 <next_track>SkipNext</next_track>
109 <prev_track>SkipPrevious</prev_track>
111 <play_pause>Pause</play_pause>

72 <zero>Number0</zero>
73 <one>Number1</one>
74 <two>Number2</two>
75 <three>Number3</three>
76 <four>Number4</four>
77 <five>Number5</five>
78 <six>Number6</six>
79 <seven>Number7</seven>
80 <eight>Number8</eight>
81 <nine>Number9</nine>

Full Screen Video:
Copy the tags listed in navigation to:
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
because they are not listed by default.

3) Refer to this list of actions. Choose an action you'd like your remote to accomplish and place it between the appropriate tags.
4) Upload your custom keyboard.xml here as a reply to this thread along with a picture of your mappings. You can use this paint.net layered file as a starter.

Hi guys,
I can't use this remote control with XBMC 12.2 frodo for ipad ios 5.1.1. I have changed the keyboard.xml but nothing. Can you help me? How change the input remote device on the program XBMC?
Thanks you
I need to reprogram my ST-BTRM1 so that the PLAY/PAUSE key will act as the ENTER key so I can control a PowerPoint presentation more easily. Can I do that on this device and if so, are there instructions? Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Up Your Satechi MediaRemote (ST-BTRM1) With XBMC 12+0