• 2(current)
Android Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!
(2013-01-09, 14:10)eskro Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 04:20)cormad Wrote: I wanted an upgrade from my Pi. I was willing to buy a HTPC (Zotac) but this was reccomended as the "future"

Hmmmmmm

and still is

Think if it comes down to dual core amlogic's the future is more into the 520b of Geniatech, the logical third generation Pivos XIOS
what i wanted to say is getting a $99 dual-core amlogic MX box
that supports XBMC hardware accel = a very good choice.
(2013-01-09, 14:35)eskro Wrote: what i wanted to say is getting a $99 dual-core amlogic MX box

Eskro,
I think so to, and it was just one person's opinion. I was just looking for him rebuttal his comment of calling it a crappy device. I am looking forward to testing it and will report my experience here.
(2013-01-09, 14:35)eskro Wrote: what i wanted to say is getting a $99 dual-core amlogic MX box

That's true, although I wonder if the cuurent amlplayer.so implementation is compatible with a 3.0.x kernel. I thought to remember the Meson6 are 3.0.x kernel boxes.

So in short; I wonder how good the current XBMC compatibility is with them.
cormad will report findings Smile
(2013-01-09, 15:19)j1nx Wrote:

That's true, although I wonder if the cuurent amlplayer.so implementation is compatible with a 3.0.x kernel. I thought to remember the Meson6 are 3.0.x kernel boxes.

The source code changes are but if you just try to transplant the binary, epic fail. In general, you must keep code that talks to kernel drivers, compatible with those kernel drivers Smile
(2013-01-09, 15:51)davilla Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 15:19)j1nx Wrote:

The source code changes are but if you just try to transplant the binary, epic fail. In general, you must keep code that talks to kernel drivers, compatible with those kernel drivers Smile

Exactly my point!
(2013-01-09, 17:06)PobjoySpecial Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 15:04)cormad Wrote: I was just looking for him rebuttal his comment of calling it a crappy device.

It amounts to bottom-feeder OEMs using dumb tactics to peddle their knock-off products.

Commodity product + poor intellectual property laws = flood of junk

Are you saying that Tronsmart(supplier) is riding the Pivos wave? I still don't understand why this product is considered junk?
yes, they are riding the Pivos wave, look around. lots of them are doing it. Unfortunately, the consumer is the one that will get the shaft when they get no support and the company disappears only to rise again with another name.
(2013-01-09, 22:42)davilla Wrote: yes, they are riding the Pivos wave, look around. lots of them are doing it. Unfortunately, the consumer is the one that will get the shaft when they get no support and the company disappears only to rise again with another name.

Thanks for the education....So what version of XBMC should I be looking for? I still want the Android OS, So I am assuming I will download an apk from xbmcandroid. I see the breakthrough for Pivos user's, does this affect my new device. I emailed geekbuying to see what support they where going to supply...
the device is with HDMI1.4, and also equipped with Version 1.4 for standard accessories
how's the ir receiver compatibility with other remotes like harmony? Will it support keystrokes through ir? (mce keyboard emulation)
It has class 8 support for photon torpedoes
Looks awfully similar to the starship in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151260

(2012-12-31, 10:29)deadhp1 Wrote: They've promised XBMC support(with hardware decoding).

How does that work? Is the company giving a big donation to the XBMC team? Have they assigned developers? How does a hardware vendor promise XBMC support?

Not being snarky ... I am genuinely curious what the process is for this kind of promise.

Which reminds me that I need to donate.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart Prometheus AML8726MX Dual Core FTW!0