New HTPC problems (A6-5400k) [SOLVED]
I'm just using Kingston Hyper-X Blu 1600 (2 x 2gb) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820104203

I didn't have to do any BIOS tuning, the only thing I changed was the mobo jumpers to keep USB powered so I could do S3 wake-up with a remote.
Have you tried OpenElec to rule out HW issues?

I have this exact CPU/MB/SSD combo, but I'm running different RAM...(Crucial Ballistix 4GB BLT2KIT2G3D1869DT1TX0)

It works perfectly on OpenElec generic on Frodo, previously, I installed Windows 7 on it, and Frodo worked correctly on it too.
Wink 
Woooohoooo!!!

I had another chance to mess with it. In bios I enabled XMP memory profile, set to profile 1, it was disabled. It recognizes the memory as 1866MHz now. Went into XBMC, settings are auto detect render method, DXVA2 on, full screen window, HDMI out for sound.

It. Works. Great! Big GrinRoflLaugh

Playback of SD, HD, animated, birds sample, everything I threw at it played back super smooth and looked great. FPS holds right at 23.98 with minor bounces now and then no dropped frames. HD audio is working. After pulling my hair out for a couple days I'm thrilled with it. Bootup and shutdown are wicked fast, the menus and navigation in AEON Nox respond instantly, playback is rock solid, picture quality looks superb. Only thing left now is for my HP MCE IR receiver to show up and I'll be 100%. That uber high bitrate birds sample pushed cpu utilization to like 45% but it's not at all uncommon to see it hover around at about 3.5 to 5% playing back normal SD and HD stuff.

For anyone worried about the A6-5400K stock cooler fan with cool n quiet set, target temp 50% and min cpu fan speed set to 25% it's really very quiet. On the desk a foot away from my head I could just barely detect the cpu fan above the 120mm case fan running at 50% in my Silverstone GD05B. Only in bios with the cpu fan set to 100% was it ridiculously loud. In windows and in xbmc and playing movies it's really very quiet. I don't see myself changing it.

Big thanks to Eskro, Beer, Bluray, Assassin and Dougie Fresh and all the regular contributors for all the info on here while I was agonizing over parts choices and doing my research and another big thanks to everyone who spent their time helping out in this thread. I really appreciate it.

I'll get it properly mounted in the equipment rack and get some setup pictures up soon cause we all love eye candy.
(2013-01-04, 08:14)fvtalon Wrote: Only thing left now is for my HP MCE IR receiver to show up and I'll be 100%.

I had this issue also in Windows when I was playing around and before OpenE.

From what I remember, the IR receiver shows up, but it was in a different hive than my other Windows boxen with the exact same reciever (silver HP IR rx). I had to hack the reg file that I used for my other reg based keymaps on my URC WR7. I never got it exactly correct...interested in the extent you hack your remote on this config.

Otherwise, congrats. It's a really nice combo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC problems (A6-5400k) [SOLVED]0