Syncing ipad and iphone remotes to my XBMC on ATV1
Hi everyone,

Up until yesterday I had never re-programmed any hardware before, but I decided to give it a go and I managed to install XBMC on my ATV1. I used openelec, which has completely replaced the Apple Software on the system. I am now trying to link up my iphone and ipad so that I can control the box from my mobile devices via the official remotes. Problem is, NOTHING seems to be able to sync them. I've followed all the instructions about making adjustments in the network settings etc etc....but nothing seems to work.

Do I have to jailbreak the ipad and iphone to get it to work?

The main thing that I want to be able to do is to run Airplay from my mobile devices via the ATV1. I'll learn all the rest as I go along, but I'd really like to sort this basic function out first.

Please help me! When answering please talk to me in layman terms as I'm no expert on programming.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

Cheers

Sean
Just to verify, when you say "I've followed all the instructions about making adjustments in the network settings etc etc", you've manually entered the IP and MAC addresses of the ATV2 into the remote app that you have downloaded?

Which remote app have you downloaded, the official app, or one of the many others?
go into Settings/Network (wiki)

enable:

Allow control of XBMC via UPnP
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf
Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content

That should cover just about anything remote control/remote video wise.

You should not have to jailbreak the iPad/iPhone. For AirPlay (wiki) the option should now show up on the iPad/iPhone. For the remote control app, download the official XBMC remote from the App Store and it should be able to discover the ATV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syncing ipad and iphone remotes to my XBMC on ATV10