Video plays fast with passthrough audio enabled
Video playback plays fast as though suck in FF for all video that use passthrough audio. Trouble has been there since Frodo went Beta and continues in the RC releases. This problem has been raised many times and the solution to remove pulseaudio or make changes to asound.conf are not solutions for the average user. I know these "hacks" can work but should not be required as the nightly builds had it working flawlessly with no end user intervention. I've been using XBMC for a long time now and will just wait until its fixed, but seriously you need to get and install that requires no end user "hacks" to work or your media center product will never be taken seriously.
Wow what a way to speak to volunteer programmers who do all this work for nothing.

How much did you pay for your product?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes programmers are volunteers and I'm assuming they care a lot about the product which is slipping. Re writing the Audio Engine and still having major issues with passthrough and playback playing fast doesn't seem to be an improvment at all. Better tighen up the ship or Frodo will be a bust, can't expect people to use your product if it doesn't work.
It is NOT a product, it is an open source project.

Try to be constructive, not critical.

Have you posted logs of the problem?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Link to original thread early December

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146157

The last day before Beta was the last day it working, the solutions that are given in this thread such as removing PulseAudio and editing asound.conf are what was required before the new AudioEngine and Eden. Frodo worked great before it went Beta and RC with PulseAudio installed and it should not have to be removed. Anyone who suggests this isn't understanding that one of the points of the new AudioEngine would be that it works WITH PulseAudio. Unfortunatly seems like the other people in the old thread have given up or moved on to other options.
It's open source, fork it at the point where it works for you and develop your own product that works for you Smile
(2013-01-02, 23:56)nickr Wrote: It's open source, fork it at the point where it works for you and develop your own product that works for you Smile

Great help, typical arrogance. Read the other thread, its a real problem that exist for other users as well. Another non-solution from a supposed programmer.
Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree that this should be fixed, many people want XBMC on their desktop as well as next to their TV, and most desktops these days install pulseaudio.

However your attitude is arrogant. Saying stuff like "Better tighen up the ship or Frodo will be a bust" will not get you any help. How about "I'd like this fixed if possible, what further information can I post to assist, should I be putting this on trac?" would get you a lot further I think.
There is nothing I need help with as there is nothing I can do to fix this issue. The problem is with the changes that have been made since Frodo when to Beta and RC. It worked fine before that. This thread is for people that are experiencing the same issues to discuss so we don't get the run around from people like you telling us its our systems fault. BTW I've read through your other posts today and it doesn't seen like you've helped anyone else out either, so if you're not familiar with this issue or don't have the power to fix it I suggest you remain silent.
Of course there are things you can do to fix it! Post logs, post a bug in trac, take a look at the source at the point it broke and see if you can isolate the commit that beggared it in the first place. That's how problems get fixed, not being rude to the developers Smile
I am not being rude to the developers, I'm being rude to you.

If anyone else has this problem would love to hear from you instead of this unhelpful clown who fancies himself as a developer.

Just curious what part of the new audio engine did you accually write. Because I fail to see how anything you have to say about it could be useful at this point.
(2013-01-03, 05:08)mudwater Wrote: I am not being rude to the developers, I'm being rude to you.

If anyone else has this problem would love to hear from you instead of this unhelpful clown who fancies himself as a developer.

Just curious what part of the new audio engine did you accually write. Because I fail to see how anything you have to say about it could be useful at this point.

I have to step in here to backup nickr who trying to help you to help yourself by being a bit more respectful and to become part of the community rather than demand things from it.
(2013-01-03, 06:20)Vidman Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 05:08)mudwater Wrote: I am not being rude to the developers, I'm being rude to you.

I have to step in here to backup nickr who trying to help you to help yourself by being a bit more respectful and to become part of the community rather than demand things from it.

Thanks, I was beginning to think I had landed in an alternate universe where mudwater's behaviour was acceptable, or where open source software users had some entitlement to see software develop in the way they demand. Pleased to see I am still in the same old universe.
I think this thread can be closed.

The issue is discussed in another thread and should be continued there. All the things, that are told here could be written there. So I, imho, don't see any need to keep this one alive.

And there's no need to be rude to anybody. Everyone here tries to help as best as he (or she Wink ) is able to. Being respectfull and friendly is the first rule to keep those communities informative and qualified.

@Mudwater:

with all my due respect....I read your postings... how many people did you help. Maybe "nickr" is not such a guru as some others here idk, but he tries. And that's the thing what's important.

So please....can someone close this?
(2013-01-03, 10:21)David1977 Wrote: So please....can someone close this?

Unnecessary. Mudwater may never visit this thread again. Rudeness is tolerated - to a point. Blatant mockery, abusive language, etc., that's what gets threads closed.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video plays fast with passthrough audio enabled0