Win Channel changing very slow
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to ask this - I've searched a bunch and have not found any answers. I am having trouble getting Live TV to work correctly in Frodo RC 2. My tuner (Hauppauge 2250) seems to tune fine in the native apps for Windows Media Center, Media Portal, and Next DVR. But in XBMC (whether using MP or NPVR plugin) tuning to a new channel takes around 5 seconds. I would very much appreciate any help.

Debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/TKcha2de (I realize I tried to tune to some channels where I had no signal, that is the not the issue, the issue is when I tried to tune to a channel that I did get and always seems to take many seconds to do so).

My machine:
CPU: AMD A4 2400
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6410D, driver 8.881.0.0
Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio Device, driver 7.12.0.7702
Tuner: Hauppauge 2250
XBMC: Frodo RC 2
I too am having channel switching delays, would'nt mind your 5 second switch - mine takes about 30-45 seconds !!!. I must point out that channel changing with Media Portal 1.2.3 on same machine takes about 4 seconds

My machine:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.2ghz
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450, driver 12.10
Sound Card: AMD High Definition Audio Device (on board 5.1)
Tuner: TBS 6984 DVD-S2 quad tuner (on separate TV server)
XBMC: Frodo RC 2
try argustv and decrease the timings in argustv plugin. then you will have switching times 1-3 seconds.
Not sure why, but on a fresh boot channel changing is about 5 seconds now (so matching MePo)

Will try Argus TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel changing very slow0