XBMC doesn't see all movie files in source
I have a few machines running XBMC and each has its own folder containing movies (.avi, .mkv, .mk4 formats). I keep folders on each machine updated to be identical. Recently, I did a wholesale update to the movie folder on a laptop and then updated the library on XBMC. Because I had moved a few things, I did a library clean, then update. Upon completion, XBMC doesn't see about 30 of my movies. At first I was thinking that it was not seeing one of the file types, but it does see some of each. I am using the same scraper (Universal) on all machines.

I have done the clean and update a few times, same result each time. How can I identify which ones are not being seen and why?
Ditto, this also happens to me, as you say just a few about 20, first noticed with the ALIEN collection not being picked up in the library.

Have you checked the loig files for any of the particular movies that are missing, it may show why they were not added?
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
I am in the process of copying over my movie folder again. Perhaps it got interrupted when I copied last time. Windows explorer will show erroneous info regarding file sizes even if the file is incomplete. I shall reattempt after the file copy (~5 hours).
I recently had an issue like this with one movie, that would not show at all. One that I recently added to the server. It was a problem with the naming.

In other instances, I've had issues with movies not displaying with the correct title, or correct version, if there were remakes. Every case I had to change something in the file naming. I still have one that I can't get to display correctly, no matter what I try.
After recopying the source folder from my portable drive, I still have the same problem. It could be an issue with the source. I have set up a new profile that uses the external drive as the source and it is currently scanning and adding. If I have the same issue with that profile, it could indicate that the source is the issue. Maybe. If it shows the same issue, I will do a new profile on a different machine using the same external source there too. That should prove something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't see all movie files in source0