HDTV with Usb port
hello, my hdtv can read any files from the usb stick, but the software interface is horrible, do you think is possible install xbmc (openelec or xbmcbuntu) on a usb pen and boot it directly from the hdtv usb port?
Your TV wont be able to run XBMC itself.

However, there are (typically Android based) "computers on a stick" that can run XBMC and can be connected to /powered from your TV. XBMC for android is still experimental, and most of these sticks have less than stellar support, so you might want to look at a raspberry pi or Pivos Xios instead.
If you are looking to make your TV into a smart tv you could have a look at the Raspberry PI wich runs XBMC pretty good with hardware video acceleration. It's about creditcard sized.
I have a Raspberry Pi powered by the USB port on my TV, so when I turn the TV on, the Pi powers up, and when the TV is turned off, the Pi immediately powers down, crashing without a clean shutdown. I've also moved its entire filesystem onto my NFS server, so the crashing doesn't cause any file corruption. Obviously, the Pi can be powered separately, directly from the mains, but then I'd have to turn it on and off separately as well (or leave it on all the time, which isn't impossible, considering their low power consumption). But this is a bit neater.
(2013-01-10, 18:24)wimble Wrote: I've also moved its entire filesystem onto my NFS server, so the crashing doesn't cause any file corruption

Hey, that's smart. Looks like my next investigative project is taking shape Cool Thanks for the tip!!

By the way, how does the Pi behave with XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDTV with Usb port0