M4a on rc3 problem
Hello all,

i'm using rc3 frodo with xpirience 1080 (latest) on mac mini late 2012 (2,6ghz quad) 4gb ram. i have only m4a (alac - 16/44 and 24/96) and some aac from itunes. music was ripped from cd with xld to alac, and hdtracks repacked from flac to alac.

if i play 24-bit music first, than it is ok. but i can not stop the music. i press pause on apple remote or keyboard, but it plays again the same song. than if i play aac, the songs play very fast, and if i play 24 bit again, the songs are very very slow.

mac mini is connected to onkyo 609 over hdmi. in midi settings i configured 24-bit 96khz. in xbmc system audio settings i configured as it should be. hdmi out, capable receiver for dts, ac3 AND multichannel.
so the receiver get 7.1 signal from mini, but if there are only 2 channels, i can hear in multichannel mode only stereo.

the sound is better than on windows, incredible, also without wasapi. but the only preoblem is that xbmc has a problem with m4a.
also if i play next music, i have to wait until the onkyo gets the multichannel signal, so every song has delay, so i can not hear the start of the songs.

in eden the music played without pause, immediately with no problems, but the sound quality is poor. so frodo is perfect and i think this problem is due to multichannel option under settings.

in itunes the music play fine without problems with very good quality, no problems.

i dont want to install bootcam and windows to solve this problem and never will use windows again in my life. i dont wanna spend my life on codecs and drivers as i did 15 years. osx is top, if this problem is solved with xbmc, all is perfect. dont need dts and ac3. aac 5.1 is amazing with multichannel lpcm option so onkyo gets directly the 6 channels.

cheers

edit: i'm using ml 10.8.2, rc3 frodo 64-bit. so if you need log, can you give me advice how to do that on osx...

EDIT: if i pause music with apple remote, the songs play again, if i pause with the apple keyboard, the music pauses normaly. the problem is only if pausing with remote.
so the music plays in normal tempo if i switch in the audio settings from hdmi output to analog output. thats not the solution. with analog output the music plays but, after 2,5 sec from the start there is a cut on every song with the analog output/hdmi.

i also dont understand why is here such a big support for dtshd and truehd, when the most watching films in ac3 or dts. also dont understand why is priority of media center for films and series. for films i need one click i 1,5 - 2 hours, so it can be done with the mouse, but listening to digital music and clicking with the mouse is less compfortable, but here is no media center for music, and so is xbmc not too. flac and alac are the basics for a player nowadays and this two things should work before dtshd and truehd work. this is logical.

if you think logical, then... if somebody has mac mini, macbook, imac, whatever, why he should have android as portable device? yes... in 99% he will have an ios device. somebody who have ios device, why should he listen to flac, when its uncompfortable to sync music to appletv, iphone and all other ios devices, and also not able to match the music with itunes match, if using flac. flac is history, and not needed in 2013. all the companies make new products with iphone support (aac and alac), and the focus is on iphone support.
i had problems with some banches of xbmc one year ago with m4a. after one year there are again big problems.
apple remote problems also, so you can not stop music. do the developer for osx not have m4a for testing purposes, can you all pause music with the apple remote? i have a brand new mac mini, and only xbmc is installed.

new problem: if mac mini goes to standby and back again, i start xbmc, and the up and down keys makes osx volume up and down, so i can se the graphic of the osx volume. everytime i have to restart osx, to solve this problem.
i can not believe frodo is rc3. this is more like alpha3. but this problem is also on eden available. are there people who uses mac mini with osx? nobody has this problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M4a on rc3 problem0