Win Custom home menu buttons that go to file lists
I'm looking for a way to add 2 buttons to the home menu of Confluence in Frodo that go to the file lists of d\Movies and d\TV. Basically If you go to Videos>Files I want to put the two shortcuts I have in there on the home menu.

Right now I have everything on the home menu turned off except for Videos and System. Videos is set to always go to the file list but this is confusing for guests due to the sub menus. I was just going to edit home.xml to delete these sub menus but I figured I would be even better if I could add the shortcuts directly to the home menu.
I have looked through guides on how to do this ( Mainly this one) but I can't find the onclick command that would take me to file lists instead of the Library view and most of them are for older versions.

My ideal home menu would be two large buttons. One for TV and one for Movies that both go to the file list of the source. System would be a small bar closer to the bottom with the power button where it normally is at the bottom.
Can anybody help me out?
Take a look at mad-max's Confluence-MOD. IIRC, that skin allows you to add favorites to your main menu options. You can create favorites that open a Video window to each of those directories.
artrafael, right you are Wink
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2013-01-11, 11:07)mad-max Wrote: artrafael, right you are Wink

Although, I just installed Confluence-MOD Vol. 2 (for Frodo) and noticed that the "Custom Favorite 1" and "Custom Favorite 2" options do not have radio buttons associated with them to allow them to be selected and configured. I take it these options will be enabled in a forthcoming update?
If you click on them, you should get a list of your favorites as it is connected to
PHP Code:
RunScript(script.favourites,changetitle=true&property=CustomFavourite1

So make sure you have script.favourites installed properly...
Did not have any problems reported so far...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2013-01-11, 12:29)mad-max Wrote: So make sure you have script.favourites installed properly...
Did not have any problems reported so far...

Aha, that's it! For some reason, this wasn't installed. This also explains the various reports of blank main menu options. To avoid further digression in this thread and to avoid splintering the discussion of this issue, we can continue this topic here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1294923

Well I tried installing the Mad-max mod but when I tried to install the script.favorites add on I got a "favorite script dependencies not met" error. If I understand, this error is normally for trying to install something on an unsupported version. But im on Frodo so idk.
Anybody have any advice about this error or how I can make something go to file lists from the home menu?
Are you sure you installed the Frodo version of script.favourites? Which Frodo version are your running?
From the post you linked to:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1294923

(2013-01-11, 22:44)artrafael Wrote: Here's where you can get script.favourites for Frodo: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/script.favourites/

And the answer to my second question in post #8?
Ah, sorry. 11.0
(2013-01-15, 03:00)shadedurza Wrote: Ah, sorry. 11.0

Er, Frodo is XBMC version 12.0. Version 11.0 is Eden. You can't install the Frodo version of script.favourites on your XBMC Eden system. That's why you're getting "dependencies not met" errors.

Ever solve one mystery and create another? Anyway I got the custom home menu buttons working. Thanks.
Hello.
I am also looking for an option to open video menu directly on files mode, as was possible with Confluence in XBMC 11 Eden. I have read that it is possible modifying the home.xml file, but I don't know the precise changes. By the way, I would rather keep the default skin.

Anyone can give me an idea?

Thanks.
Simply look at option, you can make menu entries which is great and should be standard option in skin.

I have a question: using smart lists I divided my library into two pieces: children and adult. I did two menu entries, everything works. While I hide "movies" from main menu, I lost "recently added" etc. Is it possible to regain it only for choosen smart list?
So being on "children" menu entry I would see recently added children movies etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom home menu buttons that go to file lists0