Does XBMC[iPad] support AirPlay?
I currently use iPad 2 to watch movie. My movies are on My Book Live [NAS], using XBMC to stream them to my iPad's screen.
My question is can I Airplay them to the Apple TV 3. (What i want is the native airplay not air play mirrorring, like youtube, and video apps.)
I'm sorry if my question is kinda stupid, I did some research but they only say that XBMC 11 support as an airplay target, and not the streamer.
No normal airplay, just mirroring, for XBMC.
Are that any plans to add native AirPlay support? If not, is it due to a technical reason?

I ask because AirPlay mirroring seems to cause a lot more WiFi traffic than native AirPlay apps. I purchased a newer router because my ISP's modem's built-in WiFi was dropping too many packets causing choppy playback at best.
Native AirPlay apps do one of two things, they either set up an HTTP server on the iOS device and share the file to the ATV, or they just send a URL to the ATV. For most apps, they just send a URL. We can't do this because the video we want to use, which is what's on the screen on of the ipad, does not exist on some other server. Even if the video files existed on another server, XBMC is needed to playback any format that the ATV can't natively play, as well as for the XBMC GUI.
I have been screwing around with XBMC on my iPad for about 3 days, and am convinced that XBMC doesn't support AirPlay mirroring, in fact it seems to even screw up the native AirPlay function in the iPad.

I'm sure there's some trick somewhere on how to make this happen, but I haven't found it yet.
Directions are on the iOS FAQ (wiki).
(2013-03-31, 20:01)RRPELLET Wrote: I have been screwing around with XBMC on my iPad for about 3 days, and am convinced that XBMC doesn't support AirPlay mirroring, in fact it seems to even screw up the native AirPlay function in the iPad.

I'm sure there's some trick somewhere on how to make this happen, but I haven't found it yet.

Now bring the first statement in associatioon with your second. You insult xbmc for not finding "the trick" ;)
(2013-04-01, 12:21)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-03-31, 20:01)RRPELLET Wrote: I have been screwing around with XBMC on my iPad for about 3 days, and am convinced that XBMC doesn't support AirPlay mirroring, in fact it seems to even screw up the native AirPlay function in the iPad.

Now bring the first statement in associatioon with your second. You insult xbmc for not finding "the trick" Wink

Not slamming XBMC so much as expressing frustration at how much work it's been getting it to work. It's not like I'm trying to re-write code - adding custom features or anything. I really like what it's supposed to do, just wishing it didn't take days of tearing my hair out just to watch a darned movie. I'm only commenting on one of the many little time-consuming issues I've encountered. Not very user-friendly - I think that's fair to say.
It's also fair to say that, once it's up and running, it's an amazing piece of software - brought to you for free, great customer support included.
Well i bet you did exactly whats stated in the iOS FAQ (wiki) (as pointed to from NedScott). So at least what i have read those instructions worked for most of the users which also had problems to get it up and running. If it doesn't for you - it might also be some thirdparty tvout app you may have installed. (those tend to screw things up for xbmc).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Shock, I MUST agree with you, because there's no way I'd spend this much time on it if I didn't believe it was worthwhile.

There are a LOT of factors at work here, many of which are not XMBC's fault. My unfamiliarity with the iOS environment, possible issues with my router/wi-fi setup/DSL modem. Have seen some complaints about iPads not streaming reliably after updating them to iOS 6.x.

I will keep plugging away at it until I get it working or explode...

Funny, today when I fired up XBMC, all of the add-ons came up as broken. So I have to fix the add-ons before I can test the fixes I tried to correct the AirPlay/mirroring issue, the choppy streaming, and the "script failed" errors on half my add-ons...

(Can you see why I whine about it?) :-)
Yeah i see it - but i have no acceptance of whining - sorry Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Don't blame you.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if I had other problems besides those with XBMC and its add-ons. Wen I finally managed to get a show to start last night, there was no audio. As I was trying to fix it, I noticed that the buffering was constantly stopping the show to catch up.

The audio thing can probably be resolved easily.
The buffering is likely an issue with my Internet gear: router, DSL modem, maybe even my iPad.

There are some folks at XBMCHUB forums that are tossing around hints for fixing the "script failed" errors I get with almost all of my video add-ons, but my patience is wearing thin with these little tips that are obviously incomplete, and really serve no purpose than to further frustrate those of us with problems. I'm sure you've seen it: some folks post here just to show how smart they are, not to help those with problems to resolve. They should go stroke their egos elsewhere, and leave the forums for those who want to help.

Going to figure out another way, or abandon XBMC as more trouble than its worth.
You do know it's supposed to be hard to pirate stuff right..
Get yourself a clean install of Frodo, without the pirate plugins, on a jailbroken iPad without tv-out hacks...

Then ask questions
Eliah,

That has to be the single best piece of advice I have received to date on my XBMC problems...

So, without content, what do you do with XBMC? Sounds like I'm being sarcastic - I'm not. I have seriously never considered using it without streaming content.

I honestly don't know what it's good for without content. How do you use it, what do you actually do with it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC[iPad] support AirPlay?1