Req DRM support?
Is there any support for DRM?
If there isnt could It be made? It would be Awesome if its supported because then more streams could be played

Let me know if you need any help or suggestionsWink

Would be more Awesome if DRM would just die in a fire Smile
True but for the mean while it still exsits, we need à solution for it.
No, you need a solution for it. I and many others don't have DRM content and therefore don't need a solution.
Yes your right, but there are maybe also others who do want support for it.
Its only à feature request to maybe improve Xbmc
Patches welcome
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Do... do you not understand what DRM is? It's not a format in itself. It's an attempt to keep others from accessing things. "Others" being us. There is no "supporting" DRM, only breaking DRM.
As Ned said DRM, which is implemented by vendors in different ways, is an attempt to keep content "owned" by them from being accessed in a way that is not authorized by them. Take something like netflix for example, xbmc can't just integrate the netflix player into xbmc the way other devices can (I realize the netflix addon exits, but that uses the IE browser player, not a true netflix video implementation). Those manufacturers, like ps3, wii etc, have agreements with netflix to work within their DRM to provide playback on those devices. The open source nature of xbmc prohibits these types of relationships because programming the code to work with xbmc would expose the inner workings to everyone, making the DRM pointless. Companies, like netflix, would never expose themselves to that. DRM can only really work when it's "method" is encapsulated so that everyone can't see how it works.

Good suggestions, just not very realistic
(2013-01-16, 00:54)Ned Scott Wrote: Do... do you not understand what DRM is? It's not a format in itself. It's an attempt to keep others from accessing things. "Others" being us. There is no "supporting" DRM, only breaking DRM.
If your reply was to me ("patches welcome"), I was being tongue in cheek.

Is there a smiley for that?

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nope, it was in reply to OP.
I understand davilla and Ned's arguments. Nevertheless, hypothetically speaking, it would help getting xbmc to a place where legally downloaded (protected) content can live in perfect harmony with "other" content that has been obtained in different ways. Practically, I think it's impossible given the open source nature of xbmc.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/82246...m-solution

damm. i've been gone for a few months, just lately starting to watch the forums again. and this i just cannot stay silent on. if there are team members who are seriously considering bending over to DRM, xbmc is on the WRONG course.
Haha - this FR was only to test for getting you back captain - wb Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
death to DRM'd content!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

+1e6 Spiff Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DRM support?0