Will the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adaptor power my machine from S5?
I did some searching on the Pulse-Eight forums and a few others but couldn't find a straight yes/no answer.

My motherboard (AsRock A75M-ITX) supports power on (from S5) from USB, and I have this setup and working great with my Logitech Harmony remote, however the input lag with this remote is driving me insane and I am now looking for another "lag-free" single remote option. My display and AVR both support HDMI-CEC (I already use this to control volume with my Panasonic TV remote) so my question is:

Will the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter power on my HTPC from S5 (complete powered off)?
what harmony ? some of them can adjust latency..
wouldn't bet on hdmi-cec powering on from s5, s3 maby but not s5.
(2013-01-17, 18:59)RaggSokk3n Wrote: what harmony ? some of them can adjust latency..

I would bet on it (mind you, Im also only guessing). If it works from S3, it should work from S5 at least as long as the motherboard doesnt power down the USB port and resumes from it, and thats what the OP confirmed. I see no reason it wouldnt work.
(2013-01-17, 18:59)RaggSokk3n Wrote: what harmony ? some of them can adjust latency..

Harmony 300, you cannot adjust latency on this model, and from what I have read even after adjusting this for "higher end" models the lag still exists. But I do not want this thread to be about the Harmony remote, as i have already decided I cannot deal with the lag.
(2013-01-17, 19:16)Vertigo Wrote:

I would bet on it (mind you, Im also only guessing). If it works from S3, it should work from S5 at least as long as the motherboard doesnt power down the USB port and resumes from it, and thats what the OP confirmed. I see no reason it wouldnt work.

I would bet on it as well, but at $50USD I wanted to see if anyone can confirm power on from S5 via HDMI-CEC is possible with motherboards that support it (AsRock A75M-ITX).
Maybe I'll register on the Pulse-Eight forum and ask this over there.

If power on from S5 is possible it seems like an easy solution to the issue I have with the Logitech remote.
ok, harmony one here and no lagg Smile
What do you mean by lag? I have a harmony 700, and it does seem to pause a bit too long between keypresses. Havent tried fixing it yet, but I do notice it.
(2013-01-18, 11:22)RaggSokk3n Wrote: ok, harmony one here and no lagg Smile

(2013-01-18, 12:03)Vertigo Wrote: What do you mean by lag? I have a harmony 700, and it does seem to pause a bit too long between keypresses. Havent tried fixing it yet, but I do notice it.

So do either of you use the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter? Please, let's not get into discussion about Harmony remote lagging. There are plenty of other threads for that.
Maybe you can use a regular RC6 remote and problem solved... and I don't know anything about the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter.
(2013-01-18, 15:35)Beer40oz Wrote: Maybe you can use a regular RC6 remote and problem solved... and I don't know anything about the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapter.

I'd use a regular RC6 remote if I could teach it to turn on my TV and control volume on my AVR.

BTW Beer, I based my A6 build off of yours and I'm loving it so far, thanks! Just need to figure out my remote situation.
Alright good luck... let us know if you figure something out. Will be good to know... Smile
(2013-01-18, 15:56)Beer40oz Wrote: Alright good luck... let us know if you figure something out. Will be good to know... Smile

I posted on the pulse eight forum as well. I would think they can answer quickly.
(2013-01-19, 03:12)latex_labia Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 15:56)Beer40oz Wrote: Alright good luck... let us know if you figure something out. Will be good to know... Smile

I posted on the pulse eight forum as well. I would think they can answer quickly.

No response from Pulse-Eight forum yet, anyone else?
It should work fine with the latest V3 firmware and libCEC 2.0.5 or greater
(2013-01-22, 11:20)Malard Wrote: It should work fine with the latest V3 firmware and libCEC 2.0.5 or greater

Thanks Malard. Seems like a good option for me then.

Anyone know which version of libCEC is in frodo RC2?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adaptor power my machine from S5?1