Moving media help with library
Hi all

Just wanted some help I built a server and wanted to move my harddrives from my htpc to my server but wanted to know if there is a easy way of telling the library where the media is without deleting it all and putting it back in my library from the server.

Cheers for any help
Anyone ?

Also if I make a backup of my xbmc folder and the other folder in the users folder and install xbmc 12 to try it out can I delete both folders and replace them with my orig folders of xbmc 10 and would work as normal. ? As I am not sure if xbmc installs other stuff in the reg or other locations.

Just in case xbmc 12 does not work properly on my system and want to to back to xbmc 12

Cheers
(2013-01-17, 22:11)meridius Wrote: Just wanted some help I built a server and wanted to move my harddrives from my htpc to my server but wanted to know if there is a easy way of telling the library where the media is without deleting it all and putting it back in my library from the server.

It's quite easy, but you will have to rebuild your database anyway.
Assuming you're using XBMC's standard database (not MySQL), I would (and already have done) do this:

1. export your entire databases to single files - this will put copies of all necessary metadata files inside the media's folders (just a hint: since Frodo all fanarts and posters etc. not longer have the extension .tbn, but .jpg, so if you should stay with Frodo, you'll have quite a lot zombies which you wouldn't need anymore...)
  2. exit XBMC and go to your appdata folder
  3. edit the sources.xml inside your appdata folder and change any occurrence of your old local path (e.g. D:\Movies) to the new server share (e.g. smb://192.168.1.2/movies)
  4. open XBMC and let it clean up your entire database
  5. after that let it update its database, it will now read any metadata it finds inside your media folders
  6. you should be done.

(2013-01-18, 09:21)meridius Wrote: Also if I make a backup of my xbmc folder and the other folder in the users folder and install xbmc 12 to try it out can I delete both folders and replace them with my orig folders of xbmc 10 and would work as normal. ?

Yes, XBMC doesn't alter the system itself (despite MS C++ redist and DirectX of course), just its program files and appdata.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Cheers mate will give it a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving media help with library 0