SMB not showing
Hi I have a nexus 7 running RC3 and working great except it can't seem to see my SMB shares. I know the shares work because I can see them in ES File Manager. Any tips? I'm probably missing something really obvious.

I'm running Windows 8. And 4.2.1 on my tablet.
(2013-01-18, 02:40)sgorveatt Wrote: Hi I have a nexus 7 running RC3 and working great except it can't seem to see my SMB shares. I know the shares work because I can see them in ES File Manager. Any tips? I'm probably missing something really obvious.

I'm running Windows 8. And 4.2.1 on my tablet.

I've had problems in the past running Linux Mint and XBMCbuntu with the SMB network in my home. Would be able to start with a new Linux install and find the SMB folders from a Windows 7 server...but after a while...Samba was useless for networking between the Linux and Windows machines in not being able to connect with the SMB shares. Just went back to a Windows 7 network without any problems.

Running with total Windows 7 networking...no problems. When I got my MK808 the day after Xmas...started playing around. Found out the Windows 7 box I have my analogue TV tuner card with XBMC allows XBMC to become a DLNA server for other DLNA clients/devices. Choosing UPnP...rather than SMB...I have no problems at all with the Windows network. With my Windows 7 XBMC box as a server...I can get all my media files with all of the information which goes along with them. The biggest reason I do this as well...XBMC doesn't need to download all the file information since that's contained on the Windows 7 server. It's the best of both worlds...every DLNA compatible device can use my server with all of the information and the network isn't slowed to a crawl downloading information to a device. With 10 TB's on the server...it took over three days to download all the information to the server.

If interested...here's the link for more info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=UPnP/Share
Bug 
Thanks for the advice. I ended up just reflashing my rom and things seem to be working fine, for the time being. I've had nothing but trouble with Samba from vista onward. It worked so flawlessly with XP. Now I'm constantly changing file permissions and sharing permissions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB not showing0