Wake from suspend or hibernate = issue with smb share
hey guys. i have my movies and music on my local server. that computer has windows 7 and i just am using the stock sharing. works great but i have an issue with Xbmcbuntu. (or issue with xbmc it self?) anyway when i awake the system from hibernate or suspend (tested both) and then i go to videos/files/then one of the folders i added it will sit with the spinning loading icon at the bottom right of the screen then it will eventually give me an error saying invalid argument or if i press the back key on my remote it will say cant find drive. if i leave it alone or go back to the home screen and just let the system sit for a few minutes and then check back it will work. or i can just reboot and it will work fine.
how can i fix this? its kinda annoying cause i like to keep my system in suspend or hibernate while not in use and when i turn it on, i would like it to allow me to play my media without a reboot or waiting 5 minutes.
i would just power off the system fully but then my pulse eight Nyxboard remote wont power it on.

sorry if this is a known issue. i didnt see anything on it.

i just came from openelec. i never had this issue. (had different issues with resuming from suspend and sitting with a black screen or rebooting and saying to fail to mount system but thats an whole other issue)

thanks guys Smile
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
None of the above Its not XBMCbuntu or XBMC problem. Its Linux itself and at best some hardware configs make it worst some dont have a problem.

The problem is likely to be with hibernation and resume which probably very likely not resuming your network driver properly.

There was someone else trying to figure this out and not much success.

Essentially what you have to do, is get resume to work properly and bring the network driver and devices back up again.

And no I dont have a clew as I dont have that problem therefore never needed to fix it!

further reading https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=xb...0&bih=1018

uNi.
ah thanks for the info.

well hope i can figure out how i can get it to start up the network drivers right at the start of the resume Smile
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
Try for example:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
    hibernate|suspend)
        rc.d stop network
        ;;
    thaw|resume)
        rc.d start network
        ;;
    *) exit $NA
        ;;
esac

Name it e.g. 51-network, make executable and put to /etc/pm/sleep.d.

uNi
Got this issue on 12.0 and 12.1 with ASrock Ion330 with nvidia chipset.

Tried this script, doesn't help, actually prevents suspend from working completely, it just loops back into xbmc.

(2013-01-18, 17:34)uNiversal Wrote: None of the above Its not XBMCbuntu or XBMC problem. Its Linux itself and at best some hardware configs make it worst some dont have a problem.

Not sure about this, cause if i ssh and run command killall -9 xbmc.bin it only reboots the xbmc process and instantly network works perfectly again, this should mean it's an issue with xbmc?

Is there any easy way to make the system automatically run this command upon resume from suspended state? It's a really ugly workaround but there's litteraly no fix for this issue on the internets and having to downgrade to 10.1 live seems worse Sad
I'm having similar issue, but with NFS share. After sleep and wakeup (May need after long time), it cannot connect to my NFS file server. I ssh into it, and try to mount nfs share without problem. umount it and try in XBMC (without reboot of cause), now it works.

This should be network issue, because I'm using MySQL database, and XBMC was able to connect to database without problem.

I'm using XBMCbuntu (boot from PXE), and this happened on both ION (Acer 1600) and ION2 (Zotac ID41 I think) set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake from suspend or hibernate = issue with smb share0