Scan addon to Library?
Hi,

Is it possible to scan Addon (Tv-Series) to Lybrary?

Here's a situation:

I'm using Yatsu app on Android, which is excellent to control XBMC. The best thing is that apart from remote control it also can make a copy of Libraries from XBMC, so all browsing, playlist management is made
on phone, and then sent to XBMC to play. This saves a lot of traffic as well as delays that happens when browsing XBMC.
So all this works perfectly with local (local network) content - as it can be easy added to XBMC libraries.
However I couldn't find how to scan an Addon.

Is it possible?
Not currently.
Thanks for reply.

Just theoretically:

This feature could be implemented on either of devices.

1) XBMC - If server would have a list of it's content. then XBMC could just download it and no connection would be needed to browse Addon afterwords.
Scanning to Lybrary could be the same - just get a list from server. If there's no any, then it could scan the folders.

2) Yatsu app.(or similar) - The app does see installed addons, so it could just to get addon address and do this scan (downloading list) by itself.
The rest the same - browsing goes offline, and as soon video is selected it sends link to XBMC to Play.

Sorry App called Yatse.
(Google Play)
most addons that access web video are very dynamic - and stuff comes and goes, also thay are massive. If you take your suggestion to it's logical conclusion, then xbmc will scan every video on youtube, vimeo etc. Not feasible.

However if you want to look at video sites and send the video to xbmc to display on your TV I recommend looking at imediashare or belkin mediaplay.

imediashare has a (reasonably comprehensive) list of video websites. However belkin mediaplay acts like a normal web browser, with the exception that every embedded video has an option to stream to any upnp server - obviously inclusing xbmc Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for Apps.

Good point about Youtube. It could be time consuming to scan everything. However the user might set the limit for scanned links.

With lists this one still will work. As the list of links (and descriptions) could be located at different stages.

1) If content provider (server) makes a list of his content (with certain name, or in certain folder), the Addon creator, just creates a link to this file. If XBMC finds this link (ref), it downloads the list and uses it for browsing.

2) If content provider is unaware of XBMC and those list files, then - Addon creator can make it's own list of the server and store it anywhere. He can make his own scanner, to scan server montly, daily etc. (In this case instead of all users scan the website - it's done only once).
In this case again as previously - if XBMC finds that link (ref) in addon it downloads the list and usess it for browsing.

In both cases, the downloaded lists can be scanned to Library.

I think the second option could be made already, as to my concern XBMC works almost the same way - it gets link from addon and puts it in Addon list.
In my case Addon creates a folder (addon) and then creates a lot of links inside based on list file (with possibility to update)
u can not scan addons content into library,full stop.
the content is changing all the time,this would be a one big mess
I know You can't.

But looks like somebody did this in Addons, almost the same way I described above (differs a bit).

Noobroom plugin, actually has a "Refresh movie list" button. Which does "scan" (download new updated list).
Until you do so, you browse old list (which mght not exist anymore or just doesn't have updated content).

So basically next step would be if XBMC could use this list (file) in their library.
If this feature not implemented, it doesn't mean it can't be.

About mess - there won't be any, if it's done the "list file" way.
As I said Noobroom Addon did it from their side already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan addon to Library?0