Linux Touch Calibration for QUANTA HID - shifted cursor
Hello,

I'm using a Raspberry PI with xbmc attached to a IIYama T2250MTS Screen. This screen has touch functionality integrated, which works in general in xbmc.
My config.txt is the default one, except I added the hdmi_mode to set the resolution to 1920x1080p, that works fine.

dmesg reports this:
Code:
hid-multitouch 0003:0408:3001.0001: input: USB HID v1.10 Device [QUANTA OpticalTouchScreen] on usb-bcm2708_usb-1.2/input0

However, my pointer is shifted about up to half the screen: In the top left corner, the positioning is correct. If I move away from that corner the cursor shifts linearly more off. So at about in the middle of the screen, my cursor is already in the bottom right corner.

It seems that my screen and touch thinks of a different screen resolution.

Do you have an idea how to fix that?
Just to add:

If I change the display resolution (via hdmi_mode in config.txt) the shifting distance of the pointer differs, but it get's even worse so about 1/3 of the screen covers the full screen area regarding mouse cursor movement. (for 1024x768)
With 1920x1080p it is approx. half the screen.

So it must have to do with screen resolution and the resolution the touch thinks of.

No one else has this problem?
Is it somehow possible to use xbmc with an own Xorg.conf? There is by default just none.

Maybe it's possible there to define touch-area resolution and screen resolution.
Same Problem here exactly like you described it..
touchscreen gets recognized as

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0408:3001 Quanta Computer, Inc. Optical Touch Screen

dmesg states

hid-multitouch 0003:0408:3001.0004: input: USB HID v1.10 Device [PixArt Imaging Inc. Optical Touch Screen] on usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3/input0
Has anyone found a good solution to this? I have an Acer T232hl multitouch. Xbmc works fine with it in windows 7 and 8, but in Linux despite showing up (as above) in lsusb and dmesg the touchscreeen works only in LXDE and not in Xbmc (at all).
Hello there.

I've found a workaround.
In Raspbmc (Add-on) go to System Configuration -> and tick "Remove UI res limit".
Afterwards i just had to calibrate the screen und normal xbmc settings and i was done.
Tell me if it works for you.

Greetings Geniac
(2013-02-22, 22:11)g3niac Wrote: Hello there.

I've found a workaround.
In Raspbmc (Add-on) go to System Configuration -> and tick "Remove UI res limit".
Afterwards i just had to calibrate the screen und normal xbmc settings and i was done.
Tell me if it works for you.

Greetings Geniac

Calibration works for me.

My monitor is a Medion MD20165
Same output from 'dmesg states' as in previous posts:
hid-multitouch 0003:0408:3001.0004: input: USB HID v1.10 Device [PixArt Imaging Inc. Optical Touch Screen] on usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3/input0

Nabo.
Hi,
i up this topic cause the solution Remove UI and calibrate work nice!
But the Click don't work for me.
i've a iiyama T2452MTS.

/click work only some time, when touch x3 fast :/
Hi there,
I was looking for touch screen thing from forums and I find out your topic.
I am using raspbmc and ı want to add touch screen to my system. Did your touch screen monitors work as expected? Many people say they can't click or their touch can't recognised. So do you have same problems or works great?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touch Calibration for QUANTA HID - shifted cursor0