can't enable, uninstall add-on
I have a disambled add-on (last fm) that will not let me enable, uninstall it. I seem to have the most current add-on installed. I have checked that it is not selected anywhere. Is there a way to manually delete it (and then reinstall). Is there some setting I should check? I have 2 seperate systems running and both have the same problem. I have gone through install from edem to rc3 and now frodo 12. One system still has rc3 on it. I have search the forums but did not discover any clues. Any ideas would be helpful and thanks in advance.
On Windows you can manually delete addons by navigating to:

/Users/[your_username]/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC/addons/

If you dont see an AppData folder simply click start, then copy and paste the following into the search bar and press return:

%APPDATA%\xbmc\addons\

Search that folder for lastfm and delete it.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am on windows. I was able to delete . The repository still said it was disabled - did a forced refresh. reinstalled both album and artist add-ons. No effect on the problem Still says it's disabled and enable, unistall, update, and rollback are ghosted and can not be selected.
Did you delete every last instance of lastfm ?

Make sure you manually delete anything with "lastfm" in the title
did it again - deleted metadata.artists.last.fm - metadata.albums.last.fm - metadata.musicvideos.last.fm - metadata.common.last.fm Viewed diabled add=ons and they were gone .The repository still said it was disabled - did a forced refresh
during the refresh musicvideos.last.fm updated itself (and its fine) I was able to install last fm albulm and artist addon. A small notifaction screen popped up and said it was enabled
No effect on the problem Still says it's disabled and enable, unistall, update, and rollback are ghosted and can not be selected.
Did you use the search bar (top right) and search for lastfm whilst inside the addons folder to see if you missed anything?

I am at a loss, if you deleted everything then lastfm should not appear in your enabled or disabled list since it would not be installed.
(2013-01-31, 20:18)Shaolin Wrote: Did you use the search bar (top right) and search for lastfm whilst inside the addons folder to see if you missed anything?

I am at a loss, if you deleted everything then lastfm should not appear in your enabled or disabled list since it would not be installed.

There are system installed addons that live outside the normal location
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-31, 20:21)Martijn Wrote: There are system installed addons that live outside the normal location

@tymmy Here is the guy to answer your question! I am dumbfounded but Martijn is the guru here.

Edit:

Ah yes, navigate to:

\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons

Lastfm appears there also on my system

yes I had gotten those also. Like I said before when reinstall a pop up says its enabled. Its just not when I look in add-ons. Martijn any advice? I have deleted all instances of last fm(I think) in both locations and in userdata reinstalled frodo and same results.
last.fm has been removed from XBMC, and you will never be able to enable/uninstall it via normal menu. Delete it from all directories and move on to theaudiodb or something else..

uNi
(2013-01-31, 20:54)tymmy Wrote: yes I had gotten those also. Like I said before when reinstall a pop up says its enabled. Its just not when I look in add-ons. Martijn any advice? I have deleted all instances of last fm(I think) in both locations and in userdata reinstalled frodo and same results.
Delete Addons15.db from userdata folder. Reboot.
Install last.fm addons from
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/

(2013-01-31, 20:58)uNiversal Wrote: last.fm has been removed from XBMC, and you will never be able to enable/uninstall it via normal menu. Delete it from all directories and move on to theaudiodb or something else..

uNi
You are expert?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you Martijn. That did it. I owe you a beveage of choice if you should get to Iowa. Was giving me a headache. Really thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't enable, uninstall add-on0