[iPad 2] Quality iPad 2 Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Hello,

I have a iPad 2 on 5.1.1 with jailbreak and XBMC. I also have an ATV3 but of course no jailbreak.

No I see that you can connect an Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter, so I can use a HDMI cable to connect the iPad to my Onkyo receiver and then to my tv.
I also tried it with Airplay mirroring to my ATV3, but it stutters.
The price of the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter is 39 dollar. Not cheap for an adapter.

My question is: How is the quality of video playback when I use an Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter?
Will it be 1080p without stutter?

Thanks
I don't think XBMC via HDMI will do 1080 yet. It doesn't stutter, though, and looks great. It should be possible to get a 3rd party adapter and have that work, especially since the device is already jailbroken (makes it easier to use 3rd party video out cables). Just read the reviews to make sure a given cable really works, if you want to go down that path.
Okay so 720p will be the maximum for now right?

It doesn't matter how much the adapter cost. I only would know if it doesn't stutter before I buy one. So you are sure that video playback isn't a problem at all?
Mhhh imo iphone4s and ipad2 ++ should be able to put out 1080p - though due to lack of those devices - don't nail me on it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Basically it works as good as an appletv via hdmi ... (though those iphone4s + ipad2 onwards are more powerfull then the atv2 of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad 2] Quality iPad 2 Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter0