Frodo upgrade, lost artwork and ratings
First a big thanks to the devs for all this work. For the most part, Frodo is up and running and working great. I did "lose" a lot of artwork in the upgrade, but I've managed to sort that out. I had to individually refresh every artist's info and manually choose the local folder.jpg file I had. For some reason Frodo just refused to do so on its own, even if I refreshed my entire library. As a sidebranch of this issue, I can't get artist thumbs for local bands not on any of the scrapers. Frodo won't grab the folder.jpg file in the artists folder, and I can't manually choose artwork since I can never get to the artist info (scraper just asks for the artist's name over and over). That I haven't been able to fix. Slightly annoying, but not a game breaker for me.

I lost season level posters for TV shows as well with the same solution, individual refresh for every show. (When it asked to refresh for all episodes I said 'no' and when it asked to ignore local data I again said 'no' and it would then recognize the posters for seasons.) I lost all my actor thumbnails as well but I don't care much about those.

Apart from what to do about those local bands, my only question with these issues is whether I did something wrong in early setup that caused all this, and if so will it continue to be an issue? Or with the new way Frodo handles artwork, should I theoretically be ok going forward now? It's probably impossible to tell without a log, but I got so wrapped up in what I was doing my log file ended up longer than Moby Dick...

The main reason I'm posting is because I also lost all my song ratings. XBMC was the first media center I've ever used. In the past I'd just manually find whatever song I wanted to hear and click it, so I never rated anything before in anything that would write the ratings to the ID3 tags. So when I installed XBMC, I went through and rated an abject butt-ton of songs so I could make playlists like '5 star only,' '3 star and up,' etc, not knowing that XBMC can't (and won't ever according to devs) write that information to the ID3 tags. These playlists are totally useless now unfortunately unless I go back through and re-rate everything, which will take days (took 4 days last time, hahaha!) My question here is, I know the ratings are somewhere in my music database file from Eden, which I have backed up. Does anyone know an easy way to get that information out of there and into Frodo?

edit: setup info, in case it helps- windows 7 64bit, files are stored on an smb share with local artwork. Folder structure for music is \music\artist\album\files. Structure for TV is \tvshows\showname\season 0X\episodes.
I am lacking info, thumbs, banners, etc for ALL TV shows. When I first started Frodo, it was doing a "fix" to get all the artwork back. My comp crashed in the middle. It seemed to have finished the movies because those are all fine, but my tv shows are a mess

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo upgrade, lost artwork and ratings0