Problems with movie & tv show artwork (Frodo)
Hey everybody...I'm running XBMC on a jailbroken ATV2 and I currently updated to Frodo. Since then, the artwork for all my TV shows are not showing at all. The TVDB scraper is recognizing and identifying all of them because it labels all the episode names and the TV Tunes add on is working for them as well.

In addition to this, in the movies section, there is no artwork being displayed for "movie collections". So for example, I have the Back To The Future Trilogy where XBMC will group them as a collection and in previous versions there would be a movie poster associated with it. Now, Frodo just groups the collection with an empty image (not even a folder image), you can still click on it to get into the folder where you see posters for the individual movies instead.

I also have issues with XBMC constantly rebooting and freezing the entire ATV2 randomly, to the point where I have to disconnect the power to get it to unlock since the Frodo update but it seems like I'm not the only one with that problem.

Has anyone else had these issues? If so, is there a known fix? I really love XBMC but this update is really making me lean toward the Plex route until it's cleaned up.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
I have the same set up and same issue I think. I'm a BRAND new XBMC user and have a LOT to learn yet. I'm still reading a lot on Wiki and the Forums but honestly I've spent so much time messing around with this thing. I could really use a hand hold to walk me through this to see what I'm doing wrong and some quick tips. Jailbroken ATV2 with . Frodo seems faster than Eden, however like you, I show no artwork (I have BTF trilogy too) and when I try to play a movie it hangs till I get a message "can't play while downloading content. I have a gigabit LAN and it's connected to the airport extreme with my NAS. I believe I've pointed it to my mounted drive and think I did it correctly as it was an empty library till I pointed it to the NAS. Now just an image of a movie tape with info on that movie, but nothing else. I can go into episodes of tv shows but can't play them and no artwork either.

I'm sorry...seems I'm the last person that can help but you're not alone.
I would try to maybe remove the video sources, reboot the ATV2 then add the sources (from your NAS) again and let it fully update all of the metadata for your files before actually trying to play a video. It sounds like you may have been trying to play a file while XBMC was still trying to update your library and it's causing the crash.

I really like the look and feel of Frodo but there are major issues that need to be addressed.
This link may help - I had the same issue, and rescraped all my media to get away from the PNG format to JPG...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153813
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with movie & tv show artwork (Frodo)0