DTS-HD MA AND TRUE HD
Music 
What are the hardware requirement for XBMCLIVE to be able play DTS-HD MA AND TRUE HD ...

I am in process of building a new system..

Motherboard?
Video Card?
ETC.....
see AudioEngine#Hardware_capabilities_and_reported_to_work (wiki) And look at the hardware sub-forums which is where this post and you should be for this question.

You will also need a AVR which supports these.

I would go For Nvidia GPU which can do HD audio in Linux, ATI cannot.

uNi
(2013-02-09, 13:25)uNiversal Wrote: see AudioEngine#Hardware_capabilities_and_reported_to_work (wiki) And look at the hardware sub-forums which is where this post and you should be for this question.

You will also need a AVR which supports these.

I would go For Nvidia GPU which can do HD audio in Linux, ATI cannot.

uNi

Thanks!

I try in the Hardware Forum and all i was suggested was Windows 7 + XBMC...

I need to what Motherboard,CPU and Video Card support XBMCLIVE without any Tweeking..

Thanks for all your help....

PS:

Thanks for the link..
Found a VideoCard :ASUS ENGT430 DC SL/DI/1GD3
What will be a good Motherboard.
I dont think 0 tweaking compatible hardware exists, Motherboard is almost irrelevant IMO the most important thing is a Decent CPU+GPU and 4GB RAM <Already excess ram For a HTPC.

HD Audio Will not work With ATI GPU in Linux because driver limitation and you best tripple check whatver Nvidia Crad you want to buy is 100% HD audio able before you buy, some Manufacturers are sneaky.

So Nvidia is definitely a good way to go if you want the least setup issues tweaking, I doubt you will find anything tweak free no matter what OS, and whoever says differently is lying.

uNi
what uni already said is true. your GT430 is a good choice but please understand that this discussion needs to happen in the hardware subforums.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2013-02-09, 18:34)uNiversal Wrote: I dont think 0 tweaking compatible hardware exists, Motherboard is almost irrelevant IMO the most important thing is a Decent CPU+GPU and 4GB RAM <Already excess ram For a HTPC.

HD Audio Will not work With ATI GPU in Linux because driver limitation and you best tripple check whatver Nvidia Crad you want to buy is 100% HD audio able before you buy, some Manufacturers are sneaky.

So Nvidia is definitely a good way to go if you want the least setup issues tweaking, I doubt you will find anything tweak free no matter what OS, and whoever says differently is lying.

uNi

So Any Nvidia Card HDMI will work with HD Audio?

Thanks for your Help....
Not ANY, where did you get any from my post? At best I said Nvidia as "general" brand. Refer to my first post if you want specific models. And bare in mind you should check with whoever the manufacturer is before making any purchases. Some manufactures dont included all features, they are sneaky like that.

Please read what is posted. Also dont forget you need a AVR which is HD audio compatible, a TV will not do HD audio.

uNi
movie94 when I click on the link uni posted a while ago http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aud...ed_to_work I don't see that it recommends "ANY" nvidia card... or is the table so hard to read? also somebody please move this discussion to the hardware subforum
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD MA AND TRUE HD 0