[WINDOWS] [FRODO] Choppy video playback every 15 minutes
When I was upgrade eden fo frodo get this problem. When playing video is everything OK, video is playing smoothly but every 15-20 minutes the playback is choppy/stuttering for one second, then play smoothly about 15-20 minutes and choppy again. I tried all combination of settings but I cant resolved the problem.

1: Currently on public released Frodo
2: Windows 7 32bit
3: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2,9 GHz, Quad-Core
4: 4 gigs of ram
5: SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD6670, AMD display driver version 8.881
6: From my video card
7: HTPC XBMC via HDMI -> YAMAHA RECIVER RX-W 3900 via HDMI -> LG LED
8: Current Stable Release: 12.0 “Frodo”
9: playing 1080p movie every 15 - 20 min choppy for one second

Thanks for help!
It seems to be EDID related issue. Can you try to set "Put computer to sleep and Turn off display" to "Never" in Windows 7 power option?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I set Put computer to sleep and Turn off display to "Never", but the problem is still hire. Any others ideas?

Thanks
You seem to have my same problem
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154785
(2013-02-12, 22:13)zonzi Wrote: I set Put computer to sleep and Turn off display to "Never", but the problem is still hire. Any others ideas?

Thanks
Have you try the latest AMD 13.1 driver? You can update the driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software....
tried this from the sticky thread? :

i. AVR issue (HDMI only)

Modern AVR with HDMI will usually support CEC (different manufactures have their own names for this) and the option to pass audio onto the HDMI out of the AVR, both of these can cause issues if enabled. If the of Sound - Playback devices in Windows reports the AVR then this should generally be ok, if however it reports the name of the TV then this is indication that something is not right.

Make sure all configuration is done with the AVR on and connected to the PC in order for Windows to properly detect the AVR, if you're not sure on the order things were powered up then reboot Windows while leaving Windows.

For Onkyo:

In Hardware Setup -> HDMI
Audio TV Out - Off
HDMI Control (RIHD) - Off
Power Control - Off
TV Control - Off

For Yamaha:

HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP

fixed it for my on my onkyo
(2013-02-13, 02:02)ears1991 Wrote: For Onkyo:

In Hardware Setup -> HDMI
Audio TV Out - Off
HDMI Control (RIHD) - Off
Power Control - Off
TV Control - Off

fixed it for my on my onkyo
If your AVR, HDTV and HDMI cable supports it, you should be able to enjoy these options. With proper configurations in AVR and HDTV, the options should work fine....my kids enjoy it....
I have yamaha rx-v3900, and have set Audio Output - AMP, but i cant set function "HDMI Control - Off, because I dont have it. Any others ideas?
(2013-02-13, 19:19)zonzi Wrote: I have yamaha rx-v3900, and have set Audio Output - AMP, but i cant set function "HDMI Control - Off, because I dont have it. Any others ideas?
Check page #37 in your manual for instruction.....
There I have "selecting the HDMI out jack" this i have to set OUT1. I don't see there any other solution. Please help if you know the solution.
(2013-02-13, 21:53)zonzi Wrote: There I have "selecting the HDMI out jack" this i have to set OUT1. I don't see there any other solution. Please help if you know the solution.
If you want to turn it off, you can select OFF instead of OUT1.....
I don't want turn it off, becouse then I don't have any picture on LCD. I have htpc via hdmi to AVR and AVR via hdmi to LCD. If I turn off OUT1 then i have no picture just sound.
(2013-02-14, 00:10)zonzi Wrote: I don't want turn it off, becouse then I don't have any picture on LCD. I have htpc via hdmi to AVR and AVR via hdmi to LCD. If I turn off OUT1 then i have no picture just sound.
You might not have to worry about it. Your AVR doesn't seems to have HDMI CEC and ARC options.....I cannot believe that a $900 receiver don't include these options....my friend $250 Yamaha included it....
Maybe becouse is five years old. Any others solutions for my problem?
I have the same issue here.

But I have to add my own "fingerprint" on this!
  1. For video output, I am using a TV connected through HDMI and set it as my sole output for my PC.
  2. For audio output I am using my soundcard, connected through analog connectors to a 7.1 sound system (using DirectSound, and not WASAPI).
  3. I have an nVidia and not AMD GPU (for the rest of my setup, check my rig link at my signature).
  4. I've closed all programs and services and shut down every process I could, but problem was still there.
  5. Debug log of XBMC doesn't show anything out of the ordinary during the choppy video moments.
  6. I've noticed that the video gets choppy for a second, exactly every 10 minutes, to the very same second (had a timer to verify and extensive test for many days)!
  7. The 10 minutes period is always the same, even if I close XBMC and re-open it later, but changes if I reboot windows
    (i.e. if I see it happening at 12:17:36, it will lock to always happen every xx:x7:36, until I reboot, no matter how long XBMC was not running).
  8. There are times when it skips a 10-minute occurrence (or I fail to notice it?), but most of time is there.
  9. I have even tried the DSplayer version and behavior is the same.
  10. I've added an external player (KMplayer) to my XBMC setup and made it to use the very same codecs as DSplayer version: No choppy video there
  11. Audio is always smooth and never breaks up, in fact when that "choppiness" happens, the video is going fast forward to sync back with the audio.
  12. I've tried with DXVA & DXVA2 on and off, but nothing changed.
Please help me to help you find the cause of this:
What else to check?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] [FRODO] Choppy video playback every 15 minutes1