Win Slowing/speeding up during playback
I seam to have a strange problem when playing an HD movie it plays then slows the video down a little then speeds a bit to catch up then plays fine for 10s - 15s
This is on my windows 8 setup I also have a windows 7 setup and the same movie plays fine on that!
I have tried all sorts of video settings (de-interlace off/on, audio sync on/off etc)

This is the first time I am using HD videos (I now have the gigs for them yay!) and have also upgraded this (win 8) system to frodo (I think it is not related, but will upgrade the win7 machine later and check it again on that later)

Thanks for any help Smile

Just tried it on a SD version on the movie and the same thing! I am going crazy just tring to watch a movie!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35477 (SD log)
In frodo, usually the video stutter or slowness is related to wrong audio settings.
Thanks baijuxavior. Yes it is audio related, I am having to use analog output because of the way my audio system is currently setup. When I switch to optical it runs smooth as.
Is this likely to be a driver related problem? (I am running win 8)
(2013-02-15, 01:55)backspace Wrote: Thanks baijuxavior. Yes it is audio related, I am having to use analog output because of the way my audio system is currently setup. When I switch to optical it runs smooth as.
Is this likely to be a driver related problem? (I am running win 8)
With the right connection and configuration, Analog should work fine. Have you try the configurations below?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi Bluray,
I have tried those settings - WASAPI didn't out put any sound!
In the end I put a new HDMI card in and output the audio through that and worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slowing/speeding up during playback0