MQ4/FRODO [Windows] Randomandlastitem.py script failure - Help Request w/LOG
Hi guys, i have been setting up MQ4 in windows as i cant seem to get it to work in openELEC with the Frodo version.

Not sure what i've done but last night I started getting the Script failed error, had a browse through the forums and found one thread mentioning a 'force refresh' solution with xbmc repo, tried that and then i started getting a skins.somethingorother Script failed error as well. Wasn't able to recreate the skins failure for my log. You may notice the randomsandlastitems.py error is popping up every 30 seconds though.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35859

Another thing to mention is that this error started occurring right around when i was messing around with my genre icons, i was attempting to use 'Frodo's' aeon nox customer icon pack + background artwork so i created some folders in the skin.aeonmq4 path (icons_video​genre) because they weren't there. After a system reset today i have found all the folders have been created so i should be able to customize the genre icons now.

However in the meantime my movie- genres are locked into one view and i cannot access the top drop down options to change the view. This is only affecting my movie genres all others are still working fine. Not sure how to get my movie genres back to normal or if this will need a skin reset to fix?

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve

Can you provide more info on what the issue with using MQ4 on openelec.

I run OE myself with MQ4 so if you elaborate a little I should be able to talk you through getting it sorted.

Are you noticing any issues that could relate to the randomandlatitem.py? I could be wrong but I think this may be a legacy script that skin widgets have superseded.

I think the disappearing top menu bar when viewing genres is a skin bug. Were you using showcase view by any chance?

An easy way to get the menu back though is to go into your movie or TV library. Go to the top menu and chooses '(De)activate Views', and then deactivate whatever view your genre menu is stuck in. This should then kick it back to the default list view.
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the tip on the view type, got that sorted now.

Im running OE 2.99.2 and im trying to install (from zip file) skin.aeonmq.4-2.9.0 - I get a 'dependencies not met' error. If i try to install an earlier skin zip file i managed to get an 'file structure not found' msg

The randomlastitems.py error msgs only seem to come on if im messing around with something i think , not sure they havent popped up at all today though.

I am noticing one major thing however, (on my win7 setup) HD video playback is extremely slow, totally un-watchable. SD video works fine. Nothing wrong with the hardware or windows as vlc will play HD vids fine. As does the OE setup.

On that note however if i can get OE to work then these other probs will vanish, much prefer OE. I think i might just be trying to load the wrong skin or the right skin from the wrong location. i've tried a few places tho, USB flash drive, internal HDD, samba share... It usually always says dependencies not met.

I have a ATi Radeon HD 5450

Cheers
As you are unable to install the skin via the 'install from zip' feature, you will need to manually extract the mq4 skin folder from the zip file and place it in XBMC's addon folder.

Now on windows this is a relatively simple procedure as you can easily navigate to the add-ons folder in question.

With openelec however, it isn't this easy as the XBMC folder, and add-on folder within it are by default inaccessible. Follow the steps in this post though, and you should have MQ4 up and running.

I find it's just useful to have the systems folder available anyway, I'm not sure why the decided to hide it really.

Any problems let me know.
I've been trying to figure out why my samba shares wont show up on any devices on my home network, All devices can see each other in the explorer but when i navigate to OE ip address it just brings up my windows user shares instead of my OE samba shares, I've had this working in the past I could see samba shares before, i ve read this http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...res-readme before.

I guess ill try restarting the router to see if i can get the shares to show up.

Networking is frustrating stuff, not sure why xbmc cant just install zip file.

Samurai can you tell me what OE version and mq4 skin you have installed?

Cheers
I'm running 2.99.2 and MQ4 2.9.0.

The OE device does show in my windows network menu as 'OPENELEC' but I can never access it from there. I have to manually type the IP address into the address bar (e.g \\192.168.0.107, it may be // at the start instead I can't remember).

The SAMBA share is on by default unless you have accidentally turned it off? You can check the OE options under the program add-ons.

Your other option is to SSH into the machine, but this isn't for the faint hearted.

I think the reason it won't install via the usual function is due to the skins structure, although I’m not sure what exactly it doesn't like. I have the MQ repository installed so in recent releases the skin is automatically updated when Marcos issues his releases.

This could be a way around your issue also. If you install the repository and an earlier version of the skin that will comply with the 'install from zip' function, then when MQ submits an update (which from speaking to him I don't think will be too far away) it will auto update.

It can be frustration (with networking in particular) when you seem to keep smashing your head against a brick wall, but 99% of the time its the simplest of things that is preventing you from doing what you want.

Have a go at some of the above and let me know how you get on.
I don't know if you got it sorted but dio_free had a similar problem, and managed to get it sorted as per this post.

I though it might help you out of you haven't found a solution as yet...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4/FRODO [Windows] Randomandlastitem.py script failure - Help Request w/LOG0