How do you adjust brightness?
Hi, I upgraded from XMBC 11 to 12, and now I cannot find the option to change brightness. It used to be under video when playing a movie, but now it's just gone. Can anyone tell me how do I adjust the brightness in frodo?

Thanks!
(2013-02-18, 04:13)AceMilo Wrote: Hi, I upgraded from XMBC 11 to 12, and now I cannot find the option to change brightness. It used to be under video when playing a movie, but now it's just gone. Can anyone tell me how do I adjust the brightness in frodo?

Thanks!

Originally I thought that kiosk mode would hide the video options and that's why brightness could not be selected. I just looked and I also don't see a brightness setting in video options. It looks like it got removed in Frodo.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2013-02-18, 17:24)winestock Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 04:13)AceMilo Wrote: Hi, I upgraded from XMBC 11 to 12, and now I cannot find the option to change brightness. It used to be under video when playing a movie, but now it's just gone. Can anyone tell me how do I adjust the brightness in frodo?

Thanks!

Originally I thought that kiosk mode would hide the video options and that's why brightness could not be selected. I just looked and I also don't see a brightness setting in vido options. It looks like it got removed in Frodo.

I have found something interesting, I'm running Frodo on my 2008 iMac with 10.8 lion which has the brightness controls as well as video tags options (Video/Library/Movies) however running the same version of Frodo on my Mac mini 2009 neither options are available,HuhHuh??
hw decoder vs. non hw decoder? Did you play the same movie on both?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-19, 12:37)Memphiz Wrote: Did you play the same movie on both?

Is there a list of movies supported by xbmc so we know what to look for Tongue Sure hope that Game of thrones 3rd season is supported as I heard it has quite a few dark scenes Smile

Sorry, could not help myself Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

h.264 afaik
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I'm running it on a mac mini. Like I said, it worked fine on version 11, but once I went to 12 it's now missing. Can I change the decoder? I have no idea why it removed the brightness option.
I'm facing the same problem, hope it'll be fixed soon as the trailers of Game of Thrones are dark indeed Tongue
Running 10.8.2 mountain lion on a MBP 13".
I have the brightness controls. Are you using hardware decoder (vda). Or are you maybe using the 64bit version?
Well based on optimisations we have done for hardware decoding - brightness control is not available if:

VDA HW Decoder is used (h.264 content) on GPUs which are NOT Intel.

So for you to fix - turn off hw decoding and brightness control will appear.
Hi Memphiz, thanks for your work on XBMC.

This issue will be address in the future?
Is it possible to set the brightness settings on the advancedsettings.xml for example?

I'm using the 2009 Mac Mini, with nvidia GPU, the VDA HW Decoder is important to play smooth the high bandwidth movies.
But like most people in this thread, my movies are now very dark. Sad

Hope you can look into this issue.
Not sure. The problem with non intel gpu's was that the brightness setting just overloaded the gpu leading to stutter (for some constellations afaik - we did the safe decision - all or nothing).

You want to hear my answer? Leave image quality settings to the display/tv (at least my tv saves all display settings per used hdmi input channel).
That's what I did Wink

I increased contrast and brightness on the TV.
I guess when I'm return to Desktop view the screen is very bright, but I can live with it if it's the price to pay for VDA HW decoder.

Thanks for your feedback!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you adjust brightness?0