Foxconn AT-5570 - All You Need To Know
(2013-02-25, 09:03)kapperz Wrote: Would the AMD version of XBMCbuntu 12 be the one to install on the AT-5570?

The AMD Fusion build would work.
The free SSD offer on newegg is a nice savings and the biggest draw (for me) is it's fanless.

I can't find any info on the "turbo mode" which can run at 1.3Ghz. Is this overclocking in the bios?

Would a wi-fi usb dongle using realtek (RTL8188CU) driver be supported without tweaking?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
(2013-02-27, 21:26)kapperz Wrote: The free SSD offer on newegg is a nice savings and the biggest draw (for me) is it's fanless.

I can't find any info on the "turbo mode" which can run at 1.3Ghz. Is this overclocking in the bios?

Would a wi-fi usb dongle using realtek (RTL8188CU) driver be supported without tweaking?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

The manual includes some BIOS information: Foxconn AT-5570 Manual

However, I don't see in the manual how you can overclock the CPU, and even if you could, I'm not sure I'd advise it considering it's a fanless solution.

Sorry, I can't comment on the WiFi driver support, you will need someone with Ubuntu expertise to answer that question.
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
(2013-02-27, 21:26)kapperz Wrote: The free SSD offer on newegg is a nice savings and the biggest draw (for me) is it's fanless.

Looks like the SSD offer is finished. No longer mentioned. Price remains the same.

Considering the price and specs of the other Foxconn barebones from Newegg, this thing is overpriced. (IMHOBig Grin)
(2013-03-02, 15:00)Woftam Wrote:

Looks like the SSD offer is finished. No longer mentioned. Price remains the same.

Considering the price and specs of the other Foxconn barebones from Newegg, this thing is overpriced. (IMHOBig Grin)

What do you recommend that is fanless that has the same or better spec and costs less? (please enlighten me: Tongue)
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
(2013-03-02, 21:29)orangesky Wrote: What do you recommend that is fanless that has the same or better spec and costs less? (please enlighten me: Tongue)

If there was something else we wouldn't be having this discussion I guess. Big Grin

Don't get me wrong, I want a fanless solution too!

But compare the specs and pricing for the nt-A3500 and the nt-A3700 vs the AT-5570.

Where's the $90 and $65 difference?

That's all I'm asking.
AMD TurboCore is something enabled/disabled in the BIOS. They way it works is if one of the cores is not heavily loaded, it can boost the frequency of the other core as long as it can keep under the TDP threshold. Since these are dual-core, that's only going to benefit single threaded applications.
(2013-03-02, 15:00)Woftam Wrote:

I almost bought it during the free SSD deal, but there are too many unknowns with how it handles XBMCbuntu and also getting wireless working. Maybe when it goes under $200 it will be worth it.
I have the Foxconn AT-5570 which has the AMD Radeon HD 7290 video card. I purchased it with the free 64GB SSD drive and have the ram maxed out at 8GB.
It's running fine with Ubuntu 12.10 KDE with the exception of the video driver. I am unable to fully install the driver. I have tried both the normal driver and the beta one.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-dr...x86_64.zip
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-dri...x86_64.zip

I followed the steps on the website below. Everything seemed to go fine until I got to the step that said to "Continuing with the installation, type: sudo aticonfig --initial"

http://askubuntu.com/questions/124292/wh...vers-fglrx

I don't have the computer in front of me but I believe the message said:

user@Fox5570:~$ sudo aticonfig --initial
[sudo] password for user:
user: aticonfig: command not found
marc@Fox5570:~$

Also at the lower-right corner of the screen there is a transparent logo that reads "AMD incompatable hardware" or something to that nature.
Have you tried the Fusion build of openELEC?
FYI, free SSD offer is back on at Newegg. No change in price however.
(2013-03-19, 03:14)DrowningApe Wrote: Have you tried the Fusion build of openELEC?

Someone has bought this box and successfully installed XBMC openELEC and are reporting positive feedback.
Can the AMD GPU do vector adaptive de-interlacing? It's a deal breaker if no. It's all I need to know.
(2013-04-08, 07:30)StinDaWg Wrote: Can the AMD GPU do vector adaptive de-interlacing? It's a deal breaker if no. It's all I need to know.

For more detailed information on the GPU capabilities click here and here. The first link states that it implements AMD's 3rd generation Unified Video Decoder. For more information on UVD3 which talks about deinterlacing, click here
(2013-04-09, 21:28)orangesky Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 07:30)StinDaWg Wrote: Can the AMD GPU do vector adaptive de-interlacing? It's a deal breaker if no. It's all I need to know.

For more detailed information on the GPU capabilities click here and here. The first link states that it implements AMD's 3rd generation Unified Video Decoder. For more information on UVD3 which talks about deinterlacing, click here

I read all 3 of these articles and none of them tell you whether this box can do vector adaptive. If anyone has the Foxconn if you look under AMD Catalyst settings it will tell you if vector adaptive is available for deinterlacing or not.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foxconn AT-5570 - All You Need To Know0