Software Stereo => DPL II (Dolby Pro Logic 2) Surround Sound Audio Upmixing Output?
Lightbulb 
hi @ll,

just thought it would be very nice for people without a
dolbyprologic ii receiver, but a dolby digital 5.1 one, to get films with stereo-signal played in dpl ii.

why?
because dpl ii sounds way better than dpl i or normal stereo when the film was originally downsampled from dd5.1 to stereo(most 2chanel dvd rips of newer films are like this).
it almost sounds like dd5.1 when the soundstreamquality of the film is good!

btw: i have a dpl ii capable receiver, but i know a lot of people with a dd 5.1. set without dpl ii, so i think this would put a smile on their faces.......
i'm going to second this, because i have dd5.1 but no dplii, just dpli.

and

i hate having to switch between output to all channels being on and off depending on if i want to watch a video or listen to music. if this was enabled, all the dpl encoded shows i watch through the xbox would be output as the proper 5.1 signal and not the hack that it currently does(which works great for music but horrible for the audio that accompanies shows). plus, the audio would be converted in the digital domain for people who's receivers would do it in the analog one.

thanks!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
it would be a really nice feature for us that dont have dplii, but do have 5.1 dd.

/ j
just to let you know:

this is feasible assuming the following:

1. the algorithm is available (dpl1 is, not sure about dpl2)
2. you don't mind sacrificing a bit of quality

reason for 2, is the 2 channel source is likely compressed anyway in some form - it will be decompressed to pcm, resampled to 24bit, 48khz by the xbox mcp, then we can do the processing etc. before it is reencoded to ac3 in real time. quality is effected, but it may still be suitable to do this.

first and foremost, we will require information on the algorithm. if you could search this out, that'd be a great help.

note that it is not a high priority, though - i'm more of a quality person than a stuff around with the sound person.

cheers,
jmarshall
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ oct. 26 2003,05:37 Wrote:this is feasible assuming the following:

1.  the algorithm is available (dpl1 is, not sure about dpl2)
2.  you don't mind sacrificing a bit of quality
fyi devs can get dpl2 algorithm here (link to ac3 & dts downmixed to dolby pro logic ii feature request) Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hi @all,
nice to see some movement inside this post;-))

hope the link supported bei gamester will help
some devs(possibly one without a dplii receiver;-)) to implement this feature....

i think when more people had the possibility to hear the difference between a movie played in normal stereo and dplii (btw. like the gamecube puts out) more would join this idea.......

have a nice time
i would like too see options for analog surround output, similar to matrixmixer (and ac3filter). i have an old dolby pro logic amplifier and would like to enjoy surround sound.
i love the idea of a dpl2 mode being implemented. like others here i have a 5.1 reciever but not dpl2 decoding. dpl2 sounds much better on a 2 channel source in it's movie and music modes that regular pro logic.
i'd just like to bump this because i think its a great feature to have and i haven't really seen any talk about it.

thanks!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
i'd love to have this feature as well!
i only have dpl1 and i have considered buying new receiver just to get dpl2..
bump! i'd love to see this implemented too Smile
+1 i would love to see this :d
+1
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
already exist a home made vst plugin for convet stereo to surround music. i tried it, and is wonderful.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthr....umber=1
would be feasible to integrate this in xbmc?
is it opensource (gpl'd) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Software Stereo => DPL II (Dolby Pro Logic 2) Surround Sound Audio Upmixing Output?0