• 58(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
From a terminal type

which name-of-executable

To get the full path to the program. Use that in AL.
Hey that's handy!

so retroarch is in /usr/bin/retroarch

fairly certain i tried that one last night and got spat straight back out with "failed to initialize" error.. hrmm I'll try again.

I thought if you're selecting an SNES rom you would need to point it to a SNES emulator.. my understanding was retroarch holds ALL the emulators.
Do you put anything in Emulator Arguments? I left mine blank
Yeah you need some arguments unless you're using the retroarch gui
Hello,
I need to add to the steam executable: "-fulldesktopres". How do I do ? This option allows you to run steam in UHD.
You need to edit the included ahk file and recompile it, details in first post
Sorry, but I do not know how. I opened the .ahk file, then I changed the line 39: Run,% 1% -bigpicture -fulldesktopres. Then recompiled but it does not open in UHD resolution.

Sorry again, I know nothing about coding.
(2015-08-03, 08:05)teeedubb Wrote: Yeah you need some arguments unless you're using the retroarch gui

So this happened.
How can I find error logs? I get an error, but not sure what's causing it as I'm unable to find the log. (says check kodi.log)
keto14 that line is for only when steam isn't running at all, there's another line you need to edit too.

Dantelarka log file (wiki)
I think i'm missing something but i keep getting an error when trying this in Linux. Where is the log, it doesn't appear to be in the normal Kodi log.
Its in the normal kodi log file
Kodi logs are in home directory under .kodi > temp folder

eg: /home/username/.kodi/temp
(2015-08-08, 03:02)teeedubb Wrote: Its in the normal kodi log file

May have missed it then, but i also now found out steam doesn't like to launch with out having a window manager.
(2015-08-08, 07:12)cones Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 03:02)teeedubb Wrote: Its in the normal kodi log file

May have missed it then, but i also now found out steam doesn't like to launch with out having a window manager.

Follow the guide properly.. the guide is good.. the guide is your friend.
Been meaning to try this for ages, finally did so today. Works really well and was super simple to set up.

Thanks for it!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7