XBMC Remote Comparison
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a (small, 7" or 8") tablet pretty soon, currently open re. Android or iOS. One of the decision points will be which XBMC Remote does support my needs best.
What I'm especially interested in:

1) LiveTV support (tune channels, change channels, etc.)
2) TV and Radio EPG support (view upcoming programs)
3) Caching of EPG data (no need to have HTPC running just to look at programs)
4) Wake on LAN (wake ok HTPC if needed)

From looking at the forum, here are the Remotes I'm looking at (perhaps I'm missing some). But it's very hard to find out the full feature set:

- IPad: Official XBMC Remote
- IPad: Consilium B
- IPad: XBMC Constellation
- Android: Yatse
- Android: Music Pump XBMC Remote

Is any of those already supporting my needs? Or are there plans to do so? Am I missing a remote?

Thanks for your help coming to a decision.
Answering my own question with what I found out so far from the forum:

- None of the remotes support EPG yet.
XBMC Constellation seems to work on it (from reading their forum it is part of a beta), others likely as well, not not sure about any timeline.
- Wake on LAN seems to be supported by most of the remotes.
- Caching: no info yet.

If any of the developers of the remotes can help, it would be appreciated.
(2013-03-03, 16:46)sukceso Wrote: Answering my own question with what I found out so far from the forum:

- None of the remotes support EPG yet.
XBMC Constellation seems to work on it (from reading their forum it is part of a beta), others likely as well, not not sure about any timeline.
- Wake on LAN seems to be supported by most of the remotes.
- Caching: no info yet.

If any of the developers of the remotes can help, it would be appreciated.

The EPG data is not available through the xbmc api's, so you have to get it from else where. In my opinion getting the data is not an issue, but the relation between the EPG data and your channels. It would be handier to have the same data as xbmc. If anyone has other ideas, please let me know. I would gladly add it to Consilium B.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Are there any plans to make EPG data available on the XBMC APIs? When I remember correctly, there is an option to write such data into the XBMC database, so it should be available in XBMC and an API should be possible.
(2013-03-04, 15:26)sukceso Wrote: Are there any plans to make EPG data available on the XBMC APIs? When I remember correctly, there is an option to write such data into the XBMC database, so it should be available in XBMC and an API should be possible.

Yes, you are right that an API would be possible.....maybe it's just a matter of time.
Is there a place in this forum or XBMC homepage to ask for the implementation of such an API?
(2013-03-05, 09:41)sukceso Wrote: Is there a place in this forum or XBMC homepage to ask for the implementation of such an API?

The JSON-RPC sub-forum would be a good starting point

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=174

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote Comparison0