Scraping Episodes all stored in one big TV Folder
Hey guys,

the first 12TB of my videofiles are stored like This: TV Show -> Season -> Episodes
I dont want to use it that way anymore, because its a lot work to handle all the data. I think it was a good way the last 5 years, but its not that modern.
I think its easier to do it this way: TV Shows -> Episodes of all TV Shows

All my Folders and Files of Episodes are tagged like this (I think its like 99% does it):
name.s01e02.extblablabla

It cant be that difficult to get the TVDB Scraper working with that. Can somebody help me please?

PS: I know all things written here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
PS2: Sorry for my bad English - I'm not native.
Episodes from different TV shows in one folder? Nope. No way. Not going to happen.
Is there a reason for that? I think the scraper can get all the information from the named File or Folder very easy.
All it needs is
TVShowsName (Its the name from beginning stopping in front of S[0-9][0-9]E[0-9][0-9])
Season Number an Episode Number can be detected that easy, too.
Nope. No way. Not going to happen.
Can you tell me why? Where can I find something about that to understand.
(2013-03-12, 21:01)Crazy#1 Wrote: Can you tell me why?
That's the way it's designed to work.

Quote:Where can I find something about that to understand.
Here in the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows

Specifically:
Quote:XBMC requires each TV show to be in it's own folder, and for each file to contain a pattern from which XBMC can determine the season and episode number (e.g. "S01E01").
Quote:Note: Flat structures with files for different shows in a single directory are not supported.
It's not something the user can change on the user level. If you want to dive into the code and compile something, many things are possible.
Ok, i had read the wiki (1 post i wrote that).
I had read on wiki page that it doesn't work right know, but that is no "why".
My question is: Why isn't it a scripting work of 5minutes to make this possible? What are the deeper technical problems, that i cant edit some lines of script for choosing 'flat structures' for new sources.

I cant imagine I am the only one, who looks for a option like that.
And if I am the only one, i would pay for the guy who needs a few minutes to do that.

Edit. Thank you Scott! I'm a real 'user' for those things Big Grin I would support somebody who can do that. I think its the more efficient way.
Why would you possibly want everything in one folder. Huh?
Because of automation, minimal work, being flexible, handle data easier......
You dont need Subfolders, so why should I create them? - each time for each crap tv show I stop watching after the first to episodes?
Because in reality it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes to make something like this work without breaking something else.
(2013-03-12, 21:45)Crazy#1 Wrote: You dont need Subfolders, so why should I create them? -
xbmc does. fullstop. move on please, there is no more to see here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-03-12, 21:51)nickr Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 21:45)Crazy#1 Wrote: You dont need Subfolders, so why should I create them? -
xbmc does. fullstop. move on please, there is no more to see here.
Huh Yeah, kill little animals with you car, because everyone does. It hast to be good Nod Please don't stop my innovative Inputs. Wink

I hope that somebody is interested to upgrade the scraper. I think it would be really useful.
(2013-03-12, 22:26)Crazy#1 Wrote: I hope that somebody is interested to upgrade the scraper. I think it would be really useful.

Have at it... the source is readily available.
It's easier to use one of the tools that can automatically rename and move tv episodes to the right folder than rewrite XBMC to work as you want.

The good thing is that you don't need the season folder, just have a folder for the show and then you can have all episodes directly in there if you want to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Episodes all stored in one big TV Folder2