Win Power Saving Help
I'm new to the world of XBMC/HTPCs, and am having trouble getting power saving to work properly.

I am running W7 64bit, and have the computer scheduled to wake up at 2am every morning (bandwidth is unlimited from 2-8am). XBMCLauncher opens/focuses XBMC, but in the background I have SabNZBd running.

First, I found that the Windows sleep settings don't seem to work when XBMC is open. So I set XBMC to sleep after 20 minutes of idle time.

I've found that XBMC ignores SabNZBd's status (downloading or not), and will go to sleep according to the sleep setting, no matter what. This usually means the computer goes to sleep at 2:20 a.m., while things are still downloading.

I thought I could fix this by setting XBMC to QUIT, instead of SLEEP, which could let Windows power settings handle things (as Windows recognizes SabNZBd's status). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work and XBMC remains open, leaving the computer on.

Any ideas?
(2013-03-14, 18:37)Asmegin Wrote: I thought I could fix this by setting XBMC to QUIT, instead of SLEEP, which could let Windows power settings handle things (as Windows recognizes SabNZBd's status). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work and XBMC remains open, leaving the computer on.

Does XBMC exit after 20 minutes of idleness if you don't have XBMCLauncher and/or SabNZBd running?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power Saving Help0