(solved) Need Display window help please - slow video
ok I have done some research and found that according to the articles one reason why you may get a little slowness in playing your video is because of the video output settings.

In order to get a full screen with out boarders I have to select "Full Screen #1" under display mode and then the "Use a fullscreen rather than a true full screen" options is automatically checked and I cannot uncheck it.

If I choose windowed then its greyed out but I cannot change the resolution as that too is greyed out.

My ? is how do I get a full screen but not get the slowness that comes with it.

I have attached images that shows my settings. Is there another setting somewhere in the PC? My PC is more than powerful and the video plays fine outside of XBMC so its a XBMC setting causing this.

I read at wiki.xbmc that the video maybe less smooth if this option is turned on. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/System

But when I turn it off then it gets to a window mode?

Help please

On the page shown in your second screenshot, grab the top left corner of the window and drag it toward the lower right corner (southeast direction) to reduce the window size. Now change Display Mode to "Fullscreen #1" and try selecting the "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option. This should give you the fake fullscreen mode.
ok I will try this and get back to you
solved,,,

I was able to get the button to work as described by artrafael..

thank-u

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(solved) Need Display window help please - slow video0