Solved Adding a PlayTo Function in XBMC
Hi All

Not sure if this has been looked at before but I have a number of AirPlay music boxes around the house and was wondering if we can stream to them using XBMC, I can do this in Windows 7-8 by selecting the track and right click the PlayTo function, would love to have this as an XBMC function/option so that I can stream music to my Airplay devices?

Thanks in advance
Mysticpete
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
This functionality is in master, yes, so is available in nightlies/monthlies. It's not available in Frodo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-03-25, 07:55)jmarshall Wrote: This functionality is in master, yes, so is available in nightlies/monthlies. It's not available in Frodo.

Thanks J

Can you explain how I can test the functionality from a nightly build?

Thanks in advance
mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
By installing it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-25, 08:17)Martijn Wrote: By installing it

Smart Arse!!
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
I don't believe this is what mysticpete is asking for. He wants to stream to AirPlay specific hardware, which we cannot do. We can only "play to" UPnP/DLNA targets.

As for where to get nightly builds, see this page: Development builds (wiki)
(2013-03-25, 08:43)mysticpete Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 08:17)Martijn Wrote: By installing it

Smart Arse!!

Show some respect mister!! Angry
You asked how and i told you how. Quite simple
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-25, 08:58)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't believe this is what mysticpete is asking for. He wants to stream to AirPlay specific hardware, which we cannot do. We can only "play to" UPnP/DLNA targets.

As for where to get nightly builds, see this page: Development builds (wiki)

Hi Ned, Yes thanks, that's what I was implying, with windows 7/8 I can select PlayTO when right clicking a music file and I will get a choice of whatever players can be seen on the network, so it will for instance stream directly to my klipsch gallery g17 air airplay speakers AND be controlled by the Klipsch remote for basic Vol. and prev. next tracks. I know that XBMC is not really intended as a server based product But that's how I have always used it and it serves so well as to be very close to one in my setup, this would top things off nicely.

mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
You might still be able to do this with XBMC by using an additional program called Airfoil: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/
(2013-03-25, 09:15)Ned Scott Wrote: You might still be able to do this with XBMC by using an additional program called Airfoil: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

Hi Ned, Thanks very much for this, I actually searched this out a few nights ago and installed it on my laptop, I was able to pipe Spotify straight to my AirPlay speakers, worked a treat, so.... just loaded the latest nightly build of XBMC and setup Airfoil on my server, this now works really good at streaming to both my local computer And all my wireless speakers!! Top Banana, bought a license as it really is worth it, solved all my problems apart from one....... Will now try it with Frodo 12 as I think this should still work.

The Airfoil allows the remote speakers to control Airfoils audio source, this works fine with WMP and things like Spotify, you can adjust volume, play/pause, prev. and next track etc. however it has no effect interacting with XBMC, not sure what the issue is here, but will try a few things to see if I can get it to work, after all you can do all this via the Android remote app. and the Http remote which test OK.

Mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a PlayTo Function in XBMC1