Win Library update problem..
Hi guys, I am shameful to have the first post as a question.

Most recently I moved from PS3 mediaserver to XBMC, I have been living in the stoneage to say the least.. got bit by the bug and made myself a nice HTPC in the livingroom..

I LOVE IT!!

but I have a problem that persists.

Everytime the library updates, it takes forever, it seems like it retrieves media information for every movie/tv title over and over again.. it takes forever to finish.
I have about 500 tv shows, and 190 movies.

Also the most frustrating bit is that it finds movie titles i dont even have, many that starts with a number, 344, 43, 8-9-10....etc. check the screenshot:

no problem with the tv-shows though..

anybody got any ideas? tried to clean the library, stock settings etc.

I have all the movies in separate folders in the root of a 4TB HDD, (f.ex "D:\The Shawhshank Redemption (1994)")
and all the tv shows in root and seasons organized in separate folders on another HDD. (f.ex "E:\Mad Men\Season 5")

running 12.0 Frodo.
anyone? still have the same annoying problem..
(2013-04-18, 12:48)rbuljo Wrote: anyone? still have the same annoying problem..

Create a debug log. There are instructions on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

You'll probably want to turn on debugging, then restart XBMC so you get all of the activity that is taking place at startup. Take a look at the log and see if you see anything obvious going wrong. If not, post a link to the log here and someone will likely be able to help diagnose the problem.
Firstly under the root of your drives its probably better that you have a Movies and TV Shows directory and then your movie/tv show subfolder structure below that. You should then set your source on those folders and not the root of the respective drives. Though not a necessity according to the wiki (though I was sure it was previously). I have never had any problems with this format in the past. What the wiki does caution is that using the root exposes the whole disk to xbmc - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Media_sources
Also, are you using nfo files with your movies? If so, they may contain tagging errors that result in the bogus titles (timestamps?) being displayed.
What Steelman and artrafael said, and what might help as well is using a media manager like Ember Media Manager Smile
(2013-04-19, 13:58)RoyalMess Wrote: What Steelman and artrafael said, and what might help as well is using a media manager like Ember Media Manager Smile
IMHO God no - they can cause as many problems as they resolve. This comment is not meant to open a debate on the positives or negatives of using an external media manager, just my opinion. Have always found XBMC internal scraping abilities to be more than acceptable providing the files are correctly named.
(2013-04-19, 14:14)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 13:58)RoyalMess Wrote: What Steelman and artrafael said, and what might help as well is using a media manager like Ember Media Manager Smile
IMHO God no - they can cause as many problems as they resolve. This comment is not meant to open a debate on the positives or negatives of using an external media manager, just my opinion. Have always found XBMC internal scraping abilities to be more than acceptable providing the files are correctly named.

That is your opinion, i've been going 1-2 years with Ember and no problems ever and friends of mine have no problems either so yeah.
Correctly naming files and organizing them in a proper way can help a lot.

For example Movies>Movie Name (YEAR) and in that folder Movie Name (YEAR) is the movie. - Movies is the main folder in there i have a movie folder named Red (2011) and in the Red (2011) folder i have the files
For shows Shows>Show Name (Optional Year)>Season # and then the shows. - Shows is the main folder then 24 the show folder and then Season 1 for all season 1 files and season 2 for all season 2 files and such.
Ember allows me to keep a easy to see overview of my library and scrapes all pictures, banners and such and just using my way i never had any difficulties and a nice looking library Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update problem..0